Each year, JTIRC will recruit approximately 12 research associates (RAs) who will spend 12-18 months in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and Sydney as PhD students.
During this time RAs will:
- Work under the guidance of a team of leading professors from VNU and UTS (see core members below) *
- Receive intensive English training to be eligible for PhD admission to UTS
- Receive an allowance in some instances
- Travel support to attend international conferences
Subsequently, RAs will spend 12 months in Sydney enrolled at UTS as PhD students and receive the following financial support.
- Tuition fee waiver
- Annual stipend
- Health insurance
- A round-trip air ticket between Vietnam and Australia
- Conference travel grants
Note: Additional top-up allowances from industry projects may also be available in exceptional circumstances.
Returning to Vietnam
After spending 12 months at UTS in Sydney, students will return to Vietnam to complete their PhD under a joint enrolment at UTS and their home institution. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded PhD degrees from both institutions.
Preliminary criteria: Meet English proficiency requirement for admission with demonstrated excellence in academic achievement (e.g. top venue publications)
Post-Doctoral Research Fellows
We are now recruiting four Post-Doctoral Research Fellows : two in Hanoi, and two in Ho Chi Minh City.
These appointments will include:
- Carrying out cutting-edge research in JTIRC areas of strength
- Publishing papers and reports at top/major venues
- Preparing research funding proposals
- Securing industry funding for projects
- Co-supervising PhD students
Key Performance Indicators include publications, research funding, and industry engagement.
These appointments will be continuing, with initial contracts for 3 years, and in affiliation with UTS. The monthly base salary is approximately AUD$1,500 plus annual flight allowances for travel to Sydney, as well as conference travel grants.
For more information, including candidate profile and contract details, please click on the relevant Position Description:
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the UTS-VNU JTIRC (Hanoi)
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the UTS-HCMUT JTIRC (Ho Chi Minh City)
We strongly encourage women to apply for these positions. Read more here:
Contact Dr Diep N. Nguyen for more information.
Industry Partnership Opportunities
Joint Technology and Innovation Research Centres in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City offer opportunities to industry partners for contract research and access to:
- Research laboratories and research experts in Vietnam and Australia
- Advanced prototyping services
- Office and laboratory space in Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park and Saigon Hi-Tech Park, Vietnam
- Office and laboratory facilities in UTS Tech Lab in Sydney, Australia
- Training courses
- Graduates and student networks
- Dual PhD programs for employees