The Rotary Soukup Scholarship
Three (3) years
The Scholarship aims to support a young Indigenous student by alleviating some key financial pressures and providing them with means to succeed in their undergraduate studies at UTS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- be under 30 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- be enrolled full-time in a UTS undergraduate course (minimum of 18 credit points); and
- be commencing their course during the calendar year the scholarship is awarded; and
- apply for the scholarship using the online UTS Scholarships Application Form.
- Motivation to succeed in the nominated UTS course, as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Potential for the receipt of the scholarship increasing the likelihood the candidate will be able to complete the UTS course at higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
Preference will be given to applicants undertaking their first undergraduate course and/or experiencing any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- financial hardship, low socio-economic status;
- carer responsibilities;
- long-term medical condition, disability, or ongoing effects of abuse;
- regional or remote background;
- sole parent.
Applicants wishing to demonstrate long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship may submit a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship application or a personal statement outlining their circumstances together with supporting documentation.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.