- An international student on a student visa may study up to one-third of the total course by distance and/or online learning.
- International students cannot study more than one-third of the total enrolment load by distance/online learning.
- No international student can study entirely by distance/online in Autumn or Spring session at UTS. This means each student must study at least one ‘face-to-face’ subject in each major UTS session unless the student is completing the last unit of their course.
- If an international student is in the last session of a course, with only one subject to complete the course, the student must not study this unit online or by distance education in Australia unless the period in which the student will complete the course is a non-compulsory study period (eg Summer or Winter session)
- If an international student has only one subject to complete in a compulsory study period, and the unit is available by distance or online, the student may ask the provider to cancel the CoE (thus no longer requiring a student visa) and return to his or her home country to study the final unit of the course by distance or online study.
Please contact UTS International if you require more information or assistance.