UTS campus overview
The UTS campus is centred around the Tower (Building 1) on Broadway, stretching down to Haymarket near Chinatown and to Blackfriars in Chippendale. Some specialist buildings are located outside the main campus hub, like the UTS Rugby Australia Building in the Moore Park sporting precinct and UTS Tech Lab at Botany.
If you're a new student starting at UTS, we recommend taking a walk through each of our main buildings to see everything on offer. All buildings are open to all students, no matter what faculty you’re enrolled in. There are also many student study areas and outdoor spaces available to you. Read our full Orientation guide for new students.
Campus information for students
Here's where you can find information to help you get to know our buildings and facilities and find your way around campus.
- Read about our campus locations at Broadway, Blackfriars, Haymarket, Moore Park, Botany and Randwick
- Search for a building or venue or find a room using a location code
- Find information about our main campus buildings, including opening hours, and learn the building nicknames you'll need to know
- Use preferred paths to avoid busy roads and jaywalking fines (currently $75 in NSW) or find out about campus shuttle buses
- Find food, drink and retail outlets, ATMs, bubblers and sports facilities on campus
- Learn where to access support services such as student centres, medical services, counselling, financial assistance and careers support to name a few
- Find out about child care and housing at UTS
UTS room numbering system
UTS uses a standard location code across our campus to identify specific buildings and rooms. You’ll see the codes on individual rooms and on the yellow wayfinding signage around campus. This can be cross-referenced with our campus maps (good for desktops) and wayfinding mobile site (mobile friendly).