UTS provides a wide range of services to enhance the learning, health and wellbeing of all UTS students.
- Health Service - providing confidential, bulk-billing medical services on campus
- Financial Assistance - offering student loans and financial advice, including help with Centrelink
- Housing - manages the UTS student residences as well as providing support and advice with off-campus accommodation
- Multi-faith Chaplaincy - where you can seek support with personal and spiritual issues
- Careers Service – providing a range of career development and job services for UTS students
- Counselling - providing free and confidential individual and group counselling
- Accessibility – for students with a disability or ongoing medical or mental health condition
- HELPS – English language and academic skills support, including workshops, one-on-one consultations and special conditions in exams for students from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Programs, events and activities - providing opportunities ranging from volunteering and leadership development to social, sporting and cultural activities
International Student Centre
In addition to the services and programs available to all UTS students, the International student services team provides information and services specifically for current international students.
The International Student Centre can provide official documentation confirming your status as a UTS student for various purposes, including visa applications.
Visit us for:
- verification letters
- Confirmation of Enrolment certificates (CoEs)
- completion letters
- annual costs
From Monday 14 January 2019, until further notice, the UTS international student centre has relocated to:
Building 10, Level 2 (CB10.02.444)
235 Jones Street
Broadway, NSW 2007
Our office opening hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (except Australian public holidays).
Note: We will be closed from 3pm Friday 11 January 2019 for office relocation and will reopen at 12pm Monday 14 January 2019.
International student advisers
UTS International has student advisers to assist you to adjust to life and study at UTS. They can also help you resolve any problems that could prevent you from completing your course successfully.
Each semester, the international student advisers send out an e-newsletter filled with useful information and fun opportunities for international students - keep an eye out for it in your UTS student email!
You can speak to an international student adviser about:
- issues affecting your study
- visa questions and visa extension
- reducing your study load
- other issues - when you don't know who to talk to, our student advisers can help put you in contact with the right service
Contact one of our student advisers by phone:
+61 2 9514 1796
+61 2 9514 9914 or
+61 2 9514 9239
or email: email@example.com.
We also have regular drop-in times if you would like to speak to a student adviser in person. Just visit UTS International at the following times:
- Monday 2-4 pm
- Tuesday 10-12 pm
- Wednesday 2-4 pm
- Thursday 2-4 pm
- Friday 10-12 pm
Keeping your personal details secure
Recently, the Overseas Students Association (OSA) has been signing up students for a SAFETY card that is not recognised by official NSW bodies or the police. It is important not to reveal your personal details to this group.
Watch this video to learn about our support services for International students