UTS provides a wide range of services to enhance the learning, health and wellbeing of all UTS students.
Services at UTS
- Accessibility – for students with a disability or ongoing medical or mental health condition.
- Careers Service – providing a range of career development and job services for UTS students.
- Counselling – providing free and confidential individual and group counselling.
- Financial Assistance – offering student loans and financial advice, and tips for international students on how to Manage your money and budget.
- Health Service – providing confidential, bulk-billing medical services on campus.
- HELPS – English language and academic skills support, including workshops, one-on-one consultations and special conditions in exams for students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Housing – manages the UTS student residences as well as providing support and advice with off-campus accommodation. The Tips for Renting resource has important information if you are planning to live off-campus. The resource is also translated into Chinese and Arabic.
- Legal Service – all students currently enrolled at UTS have access to free legal advice on a range of matters.
- Multi-faith Chaplaincy – where you can seek support with personal and spiritual issues.
- Programs, events and activities – providing opportunities ranging from volunteering and leadership development to social, sporting and cultural activities.
International Student Centre
To support social distancing, we're pausing counter service and appointments at the International Student Centre.
You can still email or phone us if you need help. Contact details are listed below.
For Coronavirus advice and FAQs, please visit our web page and check your UTS email.
In addition to the services and programs available to all UTS students, the International student services team provides information and services specifically for current international students.
The International Student Centre can provide official documentation confirming your status as a UTS student for various purposes, including visa applications.
Visit us for:
- verification letters
- Confirmation of Enrolment certificates (CoEs)
- completion letters
- annual costs
UTS International Student Centre has relocated to:
UTS Building 5, Block A (CB05A)
Corner of Quay Street and Ultimo Road,
(Former UTS Library)
View on map
Open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (except Australian public holidays).
International student advisers
UTS International has student advisers to assist you to adjust to life and study at UTS. They can also help you resolve any problems that could prevent you from completing your course successfully.
Each semester, the international student advisers send out an e-newsletter filled with useful information and fun opportunities for international students - keep an eye out for it in your UTS student email!
You can speak to an international student adviser about:
- issues affecting your study
- visa questions and visa extension
- reducing your study load
- other issues - when you don't know who to talk to, our student advisers can help put you in contact with the right service
CONTACT A STUDENT ADVISER BY PHONE
+61 2 9514 1796
+61 2 9514 9914
+61 2 9514 9239
+61 2 9514 5708 or
+61 2 9514 5723
We also have regular drop-in times if you would like to speak to a student adviser in person. Just visit UTS International at the following times:
- Monday 2-4 pm
- Tuesday 10-12 pm
- Wednesday 2-4 pm
- Thursday 2-4 pm
- Friday 10-12 pm
Keeping your personal details secure
Recently, the Overseas Students Association (OSA) has been signing up students for a SAFETY card that is not recognised by official NSW bodies or the police. It is important not to reveal your personal details to this group.