Here is a selection of online resources to help you with developing your academic language and learning:
Essential academic skills
- Academic Writing. Information on how to write clearly, the various assignment types, as well as writing at postgraduate research level.
- Grammar. Learn how to correct the most common grammatical errors made by students.
- Avoiding Plagiarism. Find out what plagiarism is, and how to avoid it.
- Referencing. The different systems for referencing used at UTS.
- Reading. Learn how to read efficiently and critically.
- Listening in lectures. Learn how to acquire critical listening skills, and make the most of your lectures.
- Pronunciation. Learn about important features of pronunciation and improve the way you speak.
- Presentation. Includes information on how to prepare presentations for a seminar or doctoral assessment, and clinically speaking programs for nursing students.
- Online videos. Watch, listen and learn.
Orientation academic tools: 'Get Ready for Uni'
External online resources
You can also explore online resources available through the academic language and learning centres of other universities, for example:
- RMIT - Learning lab: Writing skills (opens an external site)
- University of New South Wales - Online academic skills resources (opens an external site)
- Monash University - Language and learning online (opens an external site)
- University of Wollongong – Unilearning (opens an external site)
- Purdue University - Online Writing Lab (opens an external site)