A selection of online resources to help you develop your academic language and learning.
Essential academic skills
- Academic Writing. Information on how to write clearly, the various assignment types, as well as writing at postgraduate research level.
- Grammar. Learn how to correct the most common grammatical errors made by students.
- Avoiding Plagiarism. Find out what plagiarism is, and how to avoid it.
- Referencing. The different systems for referencing used at UTS.
- Reading. Learn how to read efficiently and critically.
- Listening in lectures. Learn how to acquire critical listening skills, and make the most of your lectures.
- Pronunciation. Learn about important features of pronunciation and improve the way you speak.
- Presentation. Includes information on how to prepare presentations for a seminar or doctoral assessment, and clinically speaking programs for nursing students.
- Online videos. Watch, listen and learn.
Orientation academic tools: 'Get Ready for Uni'
This web tool can help you to check if you are uni ready.
External online resources
You can also explore online resources available through the academic language and learning centres of other universities, for example:
- RMIT - Learning lab: Writing skills (opens an external site)
- University of New South Wales - Online academic skills resources (opens an external site)
- Monash University - Language and learning online (opens an external site)
- University of Wollongong – Unilearning (opens an external site)
- Purdue University - Online Writing Lab (opens an external site)