Are you in Year 1?
This is the foundation year of your combined degree.
Preparing for In-country Study is a complex process. Over the years leading up to your in-country study you will need to complete your prerequisite subjects and a number of other tasks to be eligible for an overseas placement. This section will cover what to expect in your first year of your combined degree.
Typical study program
Autumn/First session: April-August
- Commence your professional degree subjects
- Attend an International studies orientation event (Welcome to BaIS event)
- Understand and know the process of the major selection
- Nominate your preferred country majors for International Studies
- Receive your "Welcome to major" and notification of your major allocation via UTS student email
- Receive your invitation to participate in Facebook community for your designated major
- Note tips to manage your combined degree; tips for preparing yourself for language classes; and for savings/work strategies
- Note the financial assistance available to you
Spring/Second session: August-October
- Receive your Language Level Questionnaire via your UTS student email
- Complete your Language Level Questionnaire.
If you have no prior experience in the language you will start at beginners level. If you have prior experience in the language you will need to attend a language level assessment so we can determine what level is best for you.
- Once you have completed your Language Level Questionnaire, you will receive your expanded study plan which will include your Language and Culture classes for the next two years.
Note: You will not be able to enrol in your language subject unless you have completed the Language Level Assessment process.
- Check your Major is listed in your study plan.
- Enrol in subjects for the following academic year. UTS will notify you when enrollment opens.