Are you in Year 2?
This is the second year of your combined degree.
You will study a combination of professional and International Studies subjects.
Typical study program
Autumn/First session: April-August
- Continue your professional degree subjects
- Commence International Studies subjects:
- Study the first of your four consecutive Language and Culture subjects*
- You will also study Foundations in International Studies*
- We recommend noting tips for how to be an effective language learner
- Language and culture coordinators will give you pointers on online/out-of-session language acquisition
- Think critically about language, culture, and the idea of "international studies"
- Attend a face-to-face briefing with your major cohort; thereby getting to know your ICS peers; your Major coordinator; and a returnee from your major country
*Check your degree structure for variations to this study pattern.
Spring/Second session: August-October
- Continue your combined study: your second Language and Culture subject as well as subjects in your professional degree
- Begin more detailed preparations for your In-country study placement
- Enrol in subjects for the following year. UTS will notify you of when enrollment opens.