Firouzeh holds a Bachelor's degree and a Master’s degree in industrial engineering. She developed her skills in simulation and operation modelling in her BSc thesis under the topic of “Determining optimum safety stock level under demand uncertainty: a system dynamic model.” She applied statistical analysis, consumers’ preference analysis, and decision-making techniques in her MSc thesis “An integrated model to improve Kansei engineering approach for product design.” She received distinguished student award and best thesis award of 2014 from one of the most prestigious universities in Iran, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. From August 2016, she joined School of Information, System, Modeling (ISM), University of Technology Sydney (UTS). Her research interests are in the areas of socio-environmental systems, environmental assessment, and behavioral science. The main content of her PhD research is the design and implementation of a wine supply chain model to study transition towards sustainable agro-food systems using complex system methods and optimization techniques. In 2019, she has secured an Australian Postgraduate Research (APR) internship with Ernst & Young.
- System modelling of behaviour change
- Socio-environmental systems for sustainable development
- Life cycle analysis
- Serious games for sustainable future
- Supply chain design and configuration
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Quality and Operation Management Systems
- Operation Engineering
- Value Chain Engineering Systems
- System Engineering for Managers
- Global Operation and Supply Chain Management
- Inventory Control and Production Planning
- Applied Mathematics for Engineers
- Taghikhah, F, Voinov, A & Shukla, N 2019, 'Extending the supply chain to address sustainability', Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 229, pp. 652-666.View/Download from: UTS OPUS or Publisher's site
- Taghikhah, F, Voinov, A & Shukla, N 2019, 'Exploring organic wine purchase behavior: An agent-based approach', IEEE Systems Modelling Conference. 12 September 2019, Canberra, Australia
- Taghikhah, F, Shukla, N, Goodhew, T, D Ohehir, C, & Browne, B 2019, 'Examining health-seeking behavior and delay in diagnosis of diabetes: an agent-based model', IEEE Systems Modelling Conference. 12 September 2019, Canberra, Australia
- Taghikhah, F, Voinov, A & Shukla, N 2019, 'Extending the supply chain to address sustainability:An Application in Wine Industry', 1st Regional Conference on Environmental Modeling and Software (Asian Region) .May 18-20, 2019, Nanjing, China
- Taghikhah, F, Raffe, WL, Mitri, G, Toit, SD, Voinov, A & Garcia, JA 2019, 'Last Island: Exploring Transitions to Sustainable Futures through Play', ACM International Conference Proceeding Series.View/Download from: UTS OPUS or Publisher's site
- Voinov, A. Raffe, W. Garcia, J. Du Toit, S. Mitri, G. Taghikhah, F., 2018. Serious games and models for sustainable futures. Proceeding of 9th International Congress on Environmental Modeling and Software, June 24-28, Fort Collins, Colorado USA.
- Taghikhah, F. Voinov, A. Shukla, N., 2018. Effects of price and availability on consumer behaviour towards Sustainable Food. Proceeding of 9th International Congress on Environmental Modeling and Software, June 24-28, Fort Collins, Colorado USA.
- Taghikhah, F., Daniel, J. and Mooney, G., 2017. Sustainable supply chain analytics: grand challenges and future opportunities, In Proceedings of Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems.
- Taghikhah, F., Daniel, J. and Mooney, G., 2017. Profit, planet and people in supply chain: grand challenges and future opportunities. Proceedings of 25th European Conference on Information Systems.