Layla completed her bachelor degree in Software Computer engineering in Iran. She then worked in various companies as a computer programmer, software analyser, software designer, network administrator, network engineer and lecturer for about 15 years. Layla started her Master of Information Technology at the University of Technology Sydney UTS) in 2013 and graduated in 2015. She then undertook a Master by Research in Computing Science at UTS, and completed it in July 2018. She then started her PhD at the School of Information, Systems and Modelling (ISM), at UTS, where she continues her research on the dark side of using social media and on adverse outcomes of information systems in human lives.
- Exploring negative effects of using social media in different aspects of users’ lives such as job performance, academic performance, social behaviour, mental and physical health.
- Educating user how to mitigate negative effects of using social media in different aspects of their lives.
- Exploring service innovations to reduced negative effects of using social media from the point of view of the developers or service providers.
- Introduction to information systems
- Software programing (e.g. C#, Machin language, Perl)
- Database (i.e. SQL and Oracle)
- Data structure
Boroon, L., Abedin, B., and Erfani, S. 2018. "Exploring the Dark Side of Online Social Networks: A Taxonomy of Negative Effects on Users," European Conference on Information Systems.
Boroon, L., Abedin, B., and Erfani, S. 2018. "Impacts of Dark Side of Online Social Networks (Osns) on Users: An Agenda for Future Research," Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems.