Ugliest Tower in Sydney? No way!
Did you know that in 2006 ran an online poll asking readers to vote for Sydney’s ugliest building and the UTS Tower took the dubious honours with 23% of the vote?
While some people find its brutalist architecture less than attractive, lots of us can see that the Tower has beautiful side. Or at least a brutiful side. It’s a true Sydney icon that can be a stunning marker on the Sydney skyline.
We’re calling on UTS students to help us show off the best angles of the Tower. Until Friday 19 October you can submit photos via Facebook or Instagram, tagged with #UTSTower. The most outstanding entries will win the photographers (and a friend) an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the building, from hidden underground spaces to the rooftop.
How to enter
- Take a photo that shows the UTS Tower in all its glory (remember, it must be your own original work)
- Post it to Facebook or Instagram tagged with #UTSTower by Friday 19 October
- Like UTS Facebook or Instagram
- Encourage your mates to like your photo(s)
A judging panel will pick three exceptional photos, plus there’ll be People’s Choice prizes for the photo on each platform (Facebook and Instagram) with the most likes. All winners will be invited on the behind-the-scenes tour.
Other things to know:
- UTS students can enter as many photos as they would like.
- Winners will be notified by the end of October, with the building tour scheduled for early November.
- We may contact you to seek permission to share your credited photos on UTS platforms.
- A condition of winning is that you must give UTS permission to share your credited photos on social platforms and our website.