Need assistance preparing an assignment? Struggling with aspects of English grammar? UTS offers free assignment and exam advice and support to all students.
The Higher Education and Language Presentation Service (HELPS) provides:
- assistance with writing assignments via a drop-in service and one-on-one consultations
- conversations@UTS to practise your English conversation skills
- daily workshops on study skills, writing skills, presentation and speaking skills, and reading skills
- holiday courses academic writing and grammar, seminar presentation, and pronunciation – during the semester break in July
- WriteNow! Writing support sessions (formerly writing clinics) where students can come and work on their assignments in a conducive environment with an advisor on hand to answer any questions
- self-help learning resources on essential academic skills.
UTS Library services
The Library Study skills resource page provides a summary of information, workshops and services offered to help you succeed during your time at University. There you will find:
- advice on effective writing, reading and speaking skills, also available as a downloadable Assignment Writing Guide,
- information about graphic and social media tools that can be included in your assignments to give you the competitive edge,
- a wide range of useful workshops,
- an Assignment Survival Kit, complete with an interactive Calendar which helps you plan out the stages of your assignment and then sends timely text message reminders alerting you to the deadline for each component of your assignment,
- referencing information, including the Harvard UTS Referencing Guide which can be used interactively online or printed off as a handy guide, and software to help you collect, store and organise your references,
- tips and videos on how to manage your time and stress.
Above all, remember that there are many ways to contact the library for assistance:
- use Ask a Librarian,
- staff at the service desks can assist with general, research and computing inquiries,
- send us a message via Facebook or Twitter.
Managing Exam & Assessment Anxiety
Do you want to minimise the negative impact that anxiety has on your study and exam performance? Check if this workshop is relevant to you.
During tests or exams, do you:
- feel like you "go blank"?
- make "silly" mistakes?
- find yourself thinking "I can’t do this", "I’ll never pass" or "I’m stupid"?
- feel dizzy or like the room is closing in on you?
- feel your heart racing or find it difficult to breathe?
- suddenly remember the answers when the exam is over?
- get much lower marks than on assignments?
If you answered 'yes' to some of these questions, you may be experiencing exam anxiety. Student Services runs workshops in which you will learn more about your anxiety and how it affects your study and exam performance, learn skills to control your anxiety, and identify strategies to implement before the exams.
Perform your best in assessments and exams Workshops!
Exam & Assessment Anxiety Workshops – Autumn Session 2019
Date: Tuesday May 21
Time: 12:30 – 2pm
Date: Thursday May 23
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
No need to register for this workshop. Just turn up!
For any enquiries, please contact Matthew Vaughan.