- Find it hard to make a start on an assignment?
- Wish that someone could be on hand to help you as you write?
Our WriteNow! Writing support sessions provide a space and an opportunity for you to work on your assignment with a HELPS Advisor on hand to support you during the writing process. Note that the main purpose of these sessions is for you to write. If you have completed your draft and are in need of feedback, you should book in for one-to-one assignment advice.
When and where is it held?
WriteNow! Writing support sessions @ the Library
From Week 2 to Week 12 | Fri 2 August - Fri 18 October
- Sessions run from 1:00pm to 5:00pm every Friday.
- They are held in a training room at the UTS Library where desktop computers are available for students to use.
- You will need to register for these sessions as places are limited.
WriteNow! Writing support sessions @ HELPS
- Online registration is not required.
From Week 8 to Week 12 | Mon 16 September - Thu 17 October
- Sessions run from 1:00pm to 4:00pm every Monday to Thursday.
- Location: Building 2, Level 6, Room 280 (CB02.06.280)
What sort of help can I get?
At WriteNow! Writing support sessions, we can help you to:
- understand your assignment questions and assessment criteria
- develop and structure your ideas
- use and reference evidence effectively
- improve sentence and paragraph level writing
- identify and understand your language issues.
But we can’t:
- help you with the content of you assignments
- correct or ‘check’ grammar and spelling
- proofread your writing
- help you with take-home exams
- provide subject tutoring.
Who can attend?
The sessions are available to anyone. If you are looking for a quiet space to work on your assignment with instant support on hand, these sessions are for you!
When to attend?
Feel free to attend these sessions at any stages of your writing process.
We recommend to start on your assignment early and work on it consistently and progressively when attending these sessions. Please note these sessions may not be as helpful if you leave your assignment to the last minute.
What should I bring and do I need to register?
Be sure to register for sessions at the Library using the HELPS booking system.
If you bring your own computer, you may attend the WriteNow! Writing support session without having to make a booking.
When you register to attend, please remember:
- It is essential that you bring any material that is relevant to the assignment that you are currently working on (e.g. subject outline, reading list, assignment task, assessment criteria).
- It is up to you as to how long you stay for each session (e.g. you can stay for the whole 4 hours if you like).
- If you wish to cancel your registration, you must do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled session.
- Failing to turn up for your registered session is unfair to those on the waiting list. Repeat offenders (two no-shows) may be barred from registering for future programs.
- Plan in advance and please do not seek assistance on the day the assignment is due