Mathematics and Science Study Centre
Julia Memar: Hi I’m Julie Memar and I’m the Manager of the Mathematics Study Centre. What is the Mathematics Study Centre? Well, we help all UTS students in mathematics, statistics and quantitative subjects. It’s very simple – you just come to our drop in room and get help. We have a wonderful team of tutors and they’re just for you!
All teachers and tutors: Science study centre rocks!
The Mathematics & Science Study Centre (MSSC) provides support to all UTS students in mathematics, statistics and science areas and assists in narrowing the gap between high school and university studies that involve mathematics and science.
The MSSC runs a Drop-in room – just “drop-in”, bring a question, and a tutor on duty is there to help.
This is a free service for all UTS students, no appointment is required.
The MSSC provides both - on campus and online consultations:
- The MSSC tutors are present on campus to provide drop-in consultations to all UTS students (except the times when we are in lockdown due to COVID 19). The MSSC drop-in room is CB04.03.331.
- Online consultations - students can join a video call in the MS Teams or post a question. The MSSC has a team in Microsoft teams to allow online consultations.
View the Spring 2021 Timetable (PDF, 98KB).
How to get access to Microsoft teams
Please read the Microsoft teams instructions.
Link to MSSC_team.
Please see the advice from Facilities management operations
We have put a touch free sanitiser at the entire to building 4 as requested. Cleaning/Sanitising:
- All classrooms and theatres are given a full clean each morning, & touch points including lecterns, chairs, tables & door push plates are wiped with sanitiser;
- All touch points in public spaces are given constant sanitising during the day. The number of times touch points are sanitised depends on level of traffic in area, but will be up to 4 times in busy areas. This includes all lift buttons, switches, railings, public spaces chairs and tables etc.;
- Bathrooms are given a full clean each morning and cleaners repeat the sanitising of touch surfaces i.e. taps, soap dispensers, benches and flush buttons up to 4 times per day;
- All classrooms will have a large sanitising wipes dispenser located in close proximity to room entrances for students and lecturers to wipe lecterns, desks and chairs if desired prior to each class;
- All computer labs will have a large dispenser fitted inside the lab for students and lecturers to wipe mice and keyboards, chairs and tables;
- All building entrances, foyers and student facing areas in public podium spaces, are supplied with touch-free sanitising dispensers;
- All staff and students are still expected to use washing of hands as the primary means of minimising risk, with sanitising wipes and gels as additional protection.
Visit the Maths and Science Study centre resource page.
For Engineering students preparing for the Mathematics Readiness Survey (Diagnostic Test)
New Engineering students: sample questions for the Readiness Test in Mathematics (PDF, 22kB, 2 pages)
For Primary Education students preparing for the Basic Skills Test in Mathematics
Primary Education students: Basic Skills Notes and sample skills tests (PDF, 406kB, 57 pages)
For postgraduate research students
Get in touch
Please contact Julia Memar, the Maths and Science Study Centre manager with any enquiries.