Enrolling in subjects
You must be formally enrolled in a subject to complete it.
Subjects can fill up quickly, so enrol in subjects and allocate classes as soon as enrolment opens for you.
When to enrol
If you’re new to your course, enrol as soon as you accept your offer. For more info, see commencing students.
When re-enrolment opens for you depends on your course:
- Standalone course: re-enrol from the date that enrolment opens for your faculty
- Course combined with Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation: re-enrol from the date that enrolment opens for the faculty that your course is combined with
- Combined course (except for Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation): re-enrol from the date of your course’s owning faculty. To check your course’s owning faculty, go to the handbook entry for your combined degree. The owning faculty is the faculty in the page banner above the degree name
|ENROLMENT OPENS||OWNING FACULTY|
Monday 12 October 2020
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Faculty of Law
|Tuesday 13 October 2020
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
|Wednesday 14 October 2020
|Thursday 15 October 2020
Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building
Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation
Graduate School of Health
|Friday 16 October 2020
Faculty of Health
Faculty of Science
Before you enrol
Before you enrol in subjects, take some time to:
Review your course
Look at your course structure, recommended sequence and completion requirements in the UTS Handbook so you know which subjects you need to enrol in (use the handbook from the year that you started your course).
If you course has electives or majors, use the UTS Handbook to research the kind of subjects you want to do as electives or subjects you need to do for your chosen major.
Think about your study load
Less than a full-time study load may affect your course duration and currency of knowledge when you graduate, Centrelink payments, travel concession, scholarship, and student visa requirements (international students only).
How to enrol in subjects
Make sure you enrol in subjects for all sessions:
- Summer (optional)
If your plans change later, you can make changes to your enrolment, keeping in mind the following important dates:
- Last day to enrol for the current session is the last day you can add a subject or make changes to your subject activities (such as swapping a class time)
- Census date for the current session is the last day to withdraw from a subject without academic or financial penalties
Enrol in subjects
To enrol in subjects, log in to My Student Admin:
- In the ‘Personal’ tab, update your contact and personal details (make sure you always keep these details up-to-date)
- In the ‘Subjects’ tab, go to ‘Enrol/Plan subjects’
- Using the recommended sequence for your course (use the UTS Handbook entry for the year you started), select subjects for the Autumn, Spring and Summer (optional) sessions
- After you’ve selected all of your subjects, click ‘enrol’, then ‘confirm enrolment’
For coursework students, more help with using My Student Admin to enrol in subjects can be found in our guide to enrolling (PDF, 1.9MB).
For any other questions or help with course or study plan options, contact the Student Centre.