Professor William Purcell, BCom(Hons), PhD (UNSW), DipJapaneseStud (Kyoto U of Foreign St)
As Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (International and Advancement), Professor Purcell has overall management responsibility for the international, advancement, corporate relations and external engagement portfolios.
Key responsibilities include:
- developing and implementing the university's internationalisation strategy, including key strategic international partnerships
- overseeing the growth and diversity of the UTS international student profile
- facilitating the development of capability of UTS to operate internationally both in an on and off shore setting and managing against quality standards for international partnerships and programs
- driving the university's external engagement with business, industry, the professions, government and the community
- advancing the university's relations with its alumni
- implementing the enterprise development program to contribute to long term UTS sustainability
- building the UTS brand internationally and ensuring that the brand and values are effectively communicated and represented in all international endeavours.
Previous academic appointments include deputy vice-chancellor (international) and dean of business at The University of Newcastle as well as senior appointments at the University of New South Wales and The University of Tokyo.
Professor Purcell has had wide consulting and industry experience working with business and government across the Asia-Pacific region in the areas of economic relations, joint venturing, international merger and acquisitions and multinational enterprise operations.
Professor Purcell has published more than 100 refereed papers in the areas of international joint venturing, foreign direct investment, Asian management practice and multinational enterprise theory and practice.
Professor Purcell was appointed Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (International and Advancement) in 2009.
- UTS International
- UTS IELTS Centre
- UTS Shenzen Research and Innovation Centre
- Australia–China Relations Institute
Ms Payal Khanna
PO Box 123
Broadway NSW 2007
tel: +61 2 9514 1599