Rotary Soukup Scholarship
The Scholarship aims to support young Indigenous students by alleviating some key financial pressures and providing them with means to succeed in their undergraduate studies at UTS.
Value and duration
One (1) Recipients will be awarded in 2017 and will receive a total value of $45,000 over three (3) years. The Recipient will receive $15,000 per year.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be:
- Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Under 30 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- Enrolled full time in a UTS undergraduate Degree (minimum of 18 credits); and
- Must be commencing their Degree during the calendar year the Scholarship is awarded; and
In addition preference will be given to:
- Students attempting to undertake their first undergraduate Degree at; and/or
- Students that have experienced any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- Financial hardship/low socio-economic status
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilites
- Carer responsibilites
- Long-term medical condition/disability or ongoing effects of abuse
Students wishing to demonstrate long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship may submit an Equity Scholarship application to the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC), or a personal statement outlining thier circumstances, together with supporting documentation.
Course area(s)All courses.
- Motivation to succeed in the nominated UTS course, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application process;
- Initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities as demonstrated by the Scholarship application process;
- Potential for the receipt of the Scholarship increasing the likelihood the candidate will be able to complete the UTS degree at higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application process;
For the full details of the Scholarship, please refer to the Conditions of Award.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for 2017 will open in December
Opening date: 13 December 2016
Closing date: 27 March 2017