Below are some of the sustainability related awards UTS and our people have won in the past few years. A number of UTS’s new buildings, refurbishments and fitouts have also achieved various awards. Details here
- Highly Commended - Smart Cities Award for the district energy sharing project between UTS and Central Park.
- Highly Commended – NSW Government Green Globe Award for sustainability achievements across the organisation over the past 10 years (public sector leadership award).
- Finalist – ACTS Award of Excellence (staff) to Alice McAuliffe for her work on the Waraburra Nura indigenous garden.
- Winner – NSW Government Travel Choices Award, Initiative of The Year category for Walk to UTS Day.
- Winner – Technology Against Poverty prize awarded by Google and InnovationXchange to UTS Professor and Dr for to remove arsenic from drinking water in the Red River Delta of Vietnam.
- Winner - Australian Financial Review Higher Education Awards, Learning Experience category awarded to UTS , where students tackle ‘wicked’ sustainability problems.
- Finalist - New York Festival International Radio Program Awards, Environment and Ecology category to Think Sustainability radio program and podcast on Radio 2SER.
- Winner – ACTS Green Gown Award (continuous improvement category).
- Winner - NSW Blue Star Sustainability Award. UTS sustainable building program (sustainable systems award category).
- Highly commended – ACTS Green Gown Award. For the THINK Sustainability radio program made in collaboration with radio 2SER (community engagement category).
- Highly commended – ACTS Award of Excellence (staff). Daisy Amanaki for her voluntary work facilitating and organising the donation of five container loads of used furniture and books to schools in the Cook Islands.
- Finalist – NSW Government Green Globe Award, For sustainability achievements across the organisation over the past 10 years (public sector leadership award)
- Finalist – NSW Government Green Globe Award. For Australia’s first off-site solar corporate power purchase agreement (innovation award).
- Winner - NSW Government Green Globe Award. UTS building 7, (built environment sustainability, commercial property category).
- Winner - Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air-conditioning and Heating (AIRAH) Awards. UTS building 7, (excellence in sustainability category).
- Winner - Architecture and Design Sustainability Award. UTS building 7, (public building & uban design category).
- Winner - UTS Green Hero Award, Daisy Amanaki for initiating and coordinating the donation of furniture to schools in the Cook Islands.
- Finalist - UNEP United Nations Association of Australia: World Environment Day Award. UTS building 7, (green building award category).
- Winner - AIRAH Awards, The Denis Joseph Award for Innovative Use of Solar Energy in HVAC&R, claimed by NEP Solar for its work on the micro urban power station at the new UTS Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Building (building 11).
- Winner - Banksia Award, to Better Buildings Partnership, Innovator of the Year.
- Winner - UTS Green Hero Awards. Laurence Stonard for building his own sustainable home incorporating a large proportion of re-used materials.
- Highly commended - National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA) NSW Excellence Awards. UTS building 11 (commercial, large project category).
- Highly commended - NSW Government Green Globe Awards. UTS building 11 (commercial and residential, built environment sustainability category).
- Winner - ACTS Award of Excellence (Individual). UTS student Natasha Lay for volunteer work as a young international climate campaigner and coordinator with Australian Youth Climate Coalition.
- Winner - Ashfield Citizen of the Year. Nick Chapman for his contribution to the GreenWay project in Sydney’s Inner West, an urban land corridor including habitat preservation, recreation and environmental education.
- Winner - UTS Green Hero Award. Vahid Vakiloroaya for his award winning research on new generation solar hot water heating.
- Highly commended - ACTS Green Gown Learning and Teaching Award. Dr Paul Brown for his work as part of a team in the UTS Business School integrating energy efficiency into the accounting curriculum.
- Highly commended - NSW Government Green Globe Awards. Awarded to Dr Brown and team for the same project above.
- Winner - International Green Gown Award. Awarded to the UTS Students’ Association for Bluebird Brekkie Bar (best student campaign or initiative category).
- Winner - National Green Gown Award. Awarded to the UTS Students’ Association for Bluebird Brekkie Bar (best student campaign or initiative category).
- Winner - NSW Green Globe Award for Environmental Leadership and Innovation. Awarded to the UTS Institute for Sustainable Futures for research on global phosphorous depletion.
- Winner - Eureka Science Prize for environmental research. Awarded to Dr Dana Cordell and Professor Stuart White from the Institute for Sustainable Futures for research on global phosphorous depletion.
- Winner - NSW Science and Engineering Award. Professor Guoxiu Wang for research on renewable energy technologies (renewable energy innovation category).
- Winner - UTS Green Hero Award. Chris Dunstan for his work on energy efficiency.
- Winner - International Water Association, Project Innovations Award. Awarded to the Institute of Sustainable Futures for the Can Tho Sanitation Options project and research for the Vietnamese city of Can Tho.
- Winner - Banksia Award, Mercedes-Benz Australian Environmental Research Award. Awarded to the Institute for Sustainable Futures for research on global peak phosphorus.
- Runner up - Banksia Award. (large organisations category).