Domestic students can apply directly to UTS via the UTS Online Application System. Students can access this system through the UTS Postgraduate Admissions page.
Students applying directly to UTS will need:
- Official academic transcript or record of study (note: transcripts printed from institution websites will not be accepted) or evidence of completion of study if this is not stated on the academic record.
- Current CV.
- Personal Statement (approx. 1 page in length, describing past involvement in course related activities, your reasons for wanting to undertake a postgraduate course within the Faculty and it should demonstrate your capacity to do so).
- Evidence of name change (if applicable).
- Translations of any documents not in English (if applicable).
- Proof of English proficiency if medium of instruction at undergraduate level was not in English (IELTS results etc).
- Portfolio of work (for Animation, Design and Architecture applicants) on disk or hard copy.
- Photo identification such as a driver's licence or passport.
If you do not have all of this information, the university prefers that you apply online via Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens an external site) as UAC can get your results electronically and chase up any other issues relating to your application.
Additional application requirements
If you are applying for a Design degree, you will also need to provide an electronic portfolio of work showing your design abilities, ideally featuring a project from concept to finalisation. For those interested in applying for Architecture, this evening is tailored to provide advice on how to develop your portfolio to ensure it meets the required standard.