PhD students are essential members of the Accounting Discipline Group. The PhD program is aimed at taking the brightest minds and providing them with a set of skills which will equip them for both high level industry and academic positions. PhD topics span across the specialist areas of financial accounting, management accounting and accounting for information systems.
- Presentation of thesis proposal to the supervisors and completion of coursework
- Presentation of initial results to the discipline
- Presentation of final results to the discipline
- 22901 Accounting Research and Consulting Skills 6cp
- 22902 Financial Reporting, Capital Markets and Disclosure 6 cp
- 22903 Contemporary Issues in Management Accounting Research 6 cp
- 22908 Current Issues in Corporate Governance and Assurance 6 cp
Additionally an econometrics subject and any other subject deemed necessary by the supervisory panel.
You may also want to look at some thesis topics of our current research degree students.
Expression of interest
Learn about how to complete your Expression of Interest, important dates, deadlines and other requested supporting documents.
Note that completing an Expression of Interest, and providing us with this information before you formally apply to enrol for a Research degree saves significant time where a formal application is deemed unlikely to be successful, and also speeds up the process of application where feedback from the relevant Discipline Group indicates that an application would likely be supported.