Using the scholarships search tool
UTS is proud to award scholarships to its students every year. Through providing scholarships, UTS endeavours to reward achievement and recognise motivation to succeed. UTS is also committed to providing support to students experiencing financial hardship and/or other educational disadvantages.
The scholarships search tool helps students search for available scholarships. Results will include a description and provide details on value, duration, eligibility, selection process, conditions of award and how to apply.
Filtering your search
You can easily filter your search according to the course area that you are interested in (for example Business, Science, Law, Arts) and/or eligibility criteria (such as academic merit or financial hardship).
Click “Search Scholarships” without selecting any search criteria for a comprehensive list of all scholarships at UTS. You can then search via keyword to narrow down the results.
An understanding of some of the key terms used in the scholarships search tool can also help you to further refine your search.
- Current Students are students currently studying at UTS.
- Future students are students who have yet to commence studying at UTS.
- Academic excellence or merit-based scholarships may be awarded of the basis of high school, TAFE or university level results.
- Equity-based scholarships are offered to students who experience educational barriers, which may include:
- refugee status
- Indigenous Australian
- sole parent
- disability or medical condition
- regional or remote demonstrated financial need
- carer responsibilities.
- Financial hardship for equity-based scholarships is demonstrated through either:
- Receipt of a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as Youth Allowance, Austudy, ABSTUDY etc); or
- Exceptional financial hardship with supporting evidence (Note: when applying through UAC for UTS Equity Scholarships, Family Tax Benefit will not be considered as demonstrative of financial hardship).
- Study load