Deferring your course commencement
If you're an international student, please refer to the information on accepting and deferring on the international students section of the website.
- have been made an offer to:
- one of the ineligible postgraduate courses for deferment
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Midwifery Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Exercise Therapy major)
- Bachelor of Global Studies
- a diploma course
- an honours course
- want to defer for less than 12 months (with the exception of UTS Online courses)
- have already admitted into your course since receiving your offer and have missed the last day to defer.
- have already enrolled into subjects in your course.
- are commencing your course in Spring or Summer session.
- accept your offer, and commence your course at UTS, or
- not accept your offer, and reapply to UTS when you are ready to commence your course.
- have previously deferred commencement of this course, or
you are planning on studying a:
- TAFE course at AQF diploma level or above,
- private provider course at AQF diploma level or above, or
- course at another university.
- Log into Start and activate your UTS email and access.
- Log into My Student Admin and choose the defer option.
- You can only defer within the same intake year.
- If you wish to defer your studies to the following year, simply reapply to UTS when you are ready to commence your studies.
Returning from deferral
Once you have completed your deferral, you will be given a direct offer to your deferred course commencing in the Autumn session of the following year, see re-activating a deferred offer for more information.