The UTS Research Strategy 2016-2020 aims to:
Increase the intensity, excellence, impact and reputation of our research to position UTS clearly within the top 10 Australian universities and the top 10 in chosen fields globally by 2020.
This goal will be achieved through the focused implementation of six strategic objectives:
- Focus our research in the following areas: health; data science; sustainability; future work and industry; and social futures.
- Enhance our research performance and culture by focusing on research excellence and impact, mentoring, leadership and professional development.
- Execute a step change in our engagement with Australian industry and international partners (industry and academia).
- Significantly increase our research income from non-traditional sources whilst simultaneously increasing our share of competitive grants.
- Build the next generation of researchers for academia and for industry.
- Develop our research infrastructure, research management framework and governance to maximise our research capability.