Your UTS email account uses Microsoft Office365.
You can use your student email account:
- Online over the web (webmail)
- Using a mail client, such as Outlook or Macmail, on your computer or lap top
- Setting up a mail client on your mobile devices
Over the web or webmail
Email Sign in/ Microsoft login page
- Log into the Microsoft login page (opens the Microsoft login website)
- Sign in with your username as firstname.lastname@example.org , for example, email@example.com
- Enter your IT password
- Click or tap to select Sign in
Official communication tool
UTS uses your UTS e-mail as the official method of communication between you and the University. You must ensure:
- your account is working
- you are receiving e-mail messages sent to your UTS e-mail address
- you manage your security questions and your password changes online.
Note: If UTS sends an e-mail to your UTS e-mail account, it is assumed you have been informed or advised of the content. Therefore, it is really important that it is working.
- You should check your official UTS e-mail account at least twice a week.
- When contacting UTS, staff may require you to send your e-mail from your UTS address.
- If you want to forward your UTS e-mails to an external account, it is up to you to make sure it works.
Note: if your UTS e-mail is ‘redirected’ to an external mailbox, when you request for an Invoice or Academic Transcript from Student Administration, you will not be able to receive these e-mails. You must cancel your e-mail redirection before you can receive these e-mails.
- UTS E-mail Policy
- Acceptable Use of IT Facilities Policy
- UTS Student and related rule 2.3 Communication
Mobile device set up
You may want to use your mobile device to access your emails.
Instructions for using webmail for Office365 or for setting up your student email on iOS and Android devices are in the IT Knowledge Base on ServiceConnect (opens the ServiceConnect website).
All of these links take you to the Login page for ServiceConnect (opens the ServiceConnect website):
- Set up your UTS email using outlook on an Android - Office365
- Set up your UTS email using outlook on an iPhone - Office365
- How to configure UTS Email O365 using Outlook on Mac
- How to configure UTS Email O365 using Outlook on Windows PC
- How to access UTS Email O365 via web
Password reset online
- Whether you have forgotten your password or whether you are resetting for security reasons, you can use our Password Reset site (goes to the UTS password reset website)
- Whenever your UTS access account password is reset the student email/webmail password is automatically updated to provide you with the same access/login credentials
If you delete emails they will be gone. Deleted emails cannot be recovered.
You may want to set up a sub folder in your inbox to store UTS emails that you do not want to delete.
Contact the IT Support Centre for help with your student email