The UTS Faculty of Law offers exciting opportunities for current UTS students who want to gain international experience.
Find out how you can go on exchange for one or two sessions of your degree or have a shorter term experience overseas such as through summer schools and internships.
Be sure to read all the information about the application process, concurrent study at another University, and review the UTS Handbook, to ensure you get the best out of your experiences abroad.
Global exchange and study abroad
Add international experience to your degree by studying subjects at a UTS global exchange partner around the world. UTS’s Global Exchange program gives you the opportunity to study overseas for one or two teaching sessions at a UTS partner university in Asia, Europe or the Americas. With 248 exchange agreements with partners in more than 50 countries and territories, UTS has one of the largest international exchange programs in Australia.
BUILD (Beyond UTS International Leadership Development) is a leadership program that is free to join and open to all UTS students. BUILD provides you with a range of opportunities, locally and internationally, which will help you to develop your skills, broaden your horizons and build your leadership potential.
Explore the range of short-term overseas programs on offer, including summer schools, experiential learning programs, conferences and volunteering opportunities, offered through the BUILD program.
There are five summer school programs that are offered to current UTS Law students through our overseas education partners:
Meiji University's Cool Japan Summer Program -Tokyo, Japan
19-30 July, 2019
A 12-day program, comprised of a series of lectures, field tripsand workshops.
Applications open 1 Feb 2019.
Meiji University's Law in Japan Program - Tokyo, Japan
Session 1: 1-12 Jul 2019 (Mon - Fri, 10 days)
Session 2: 29 Jul-9 Aug 2019 (Mon - Fri, 10 days)
An intensive two-week program to study Japanese law in its social and cultural context. The program consists of lectures and field trips.
Applications open 2 Feb 2019.
Some funding may be available for students to assist with participation with some summer schools.
The School of Law at Murdoch University will be running two overseas programs mid-2019. Three undergraduate units offered as part of the:
- International Human Rights Program (Geneva, Switzerland) – June/July 2019
- European Summer Law Program (Universita di Macerata, Italy) - June/July 2019
Each program is three weeks long, run as an intensive, and taught in English. Applications close annually in December, places limited.
Visit the Murdoch University website for information on eligibility and the application process.
Next steps for studying with another University?
Once you’ve decided you’re keen to jet set with your degree, you need to consider the following steps and action anything needed:
- Have I got 6 credit points available within my law electives on my study plan?
- Have I read the UTS Handbook in relation to concurrent study at another University?
- Once I’ve enquired with the host university and found out key details, have I applied for a concurrent study application at the UTS Student Centre?
- Once I’m approved to undertake this subject there is no need for me to enrol into any equivalent subject here at the UTS Faculty of Law.
- Upon completion of the subject, I must submit a copy of the concurrent study approval notification and a certified copy of my academic transcript with the grading system issued by the host university/institution in order to receive credit for an unspecified elective on my study plan.
- I understand that for these external programs that I will need to cover the costs for enrolment in the subject (these include but are not limited to costs such as flights, insurance, accommodation, living expenses, etc).
After taking these key steps, you can touch base with the UTS Student Centre for more information.
UTS Law offers numerous overseas internship placements with our international partners in different countries and regions so you can learn in the real world for subject credit.
The India Immersion Program will allow students to participate in seminars, lectures and field visits with leading academics and professionals from a variety of industries. The course provides its participants with an introduction to India's diverse regulatory, business and social impact landscape.
Master of Laws overseas
Explore these opportunities to study the Master of Laws (LLM) program overseas:
- Beijing Foreign Studies University (PPT), Beijing China
Two-year LLM in Chinese Business and Commercial Law, focusing on Chinese Business and Commercial Law and taught in English
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Global Scholarships available to study the LLM in International Economic Law, LLM in Chinese Business Law, and LLM in Common Law in 2017/8
- Humboldt University, Berlin Germany
One-year full-time LLM program in International Dispute Resolution (IDR)
- Keio University, Tokyo Japan
LLM in Global Legal Practice taught in English, the first of its kind within a Japanese law school
- Peking University (PDF), Beijing China
One-year full-time LLM in Chinese Law, focusing on Chinese civil and commercial law and taught in English
- Renmin Law School, Beijing China
Two- year English taught program focusing on dissertation writing, legal practice and internships. Scholarships available.
Our one-year full-time program is the only program in Hong Kong that integrates applied knowledge and skills in accounting and finance to train professionals in both fields. The program emphasizes real, practical international cases, this makes the program suitable not only for accounting and finance professionals, but also for individuals who are early career graduates or those looking for a career transition. Under Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) Scheme of HKSAR, non-local graduates may apply to stay/return and work in Hong Kong for 12 months.
International Postgraduate Scholarships available for outstanding international students who apply for full-time postgraduate programs of HKBU School of Business.