The coursework research subjects:
76040 Research Thesis
77740 Research Paper
78102 LLM Project by Research
are open to enrolment by application only. If you are considering undertaking any of these electives, you should plan ahead to make sure you apply by the relevant deadlines.
- For Autumn 2020 applications must be submitted by close of business Friday 7 February 2020.
- For Spring 2020 applications must be submitted by close of business Friday 26 June 2020.
Students wishing to apply to undertake a coursework research subject will need to adhere to the following instructions:
1. Check that you are eligible to complete the relevant coursework research elective and calculate your provisional WAM using the forumlae 'sum of all' (UTS law subject credit points multiplied by mark) divisible by the 'sum of all law subject credit points' for inclusion on your application form. For LLB students you may exclude up to three UTS:Law subjects as per the Honours rules.
2. Determine whether you need to seek Ethics Approval for your research (refer to the link here).
3. Complete the application form and obtain the signature of a full time academic member of staff who is willing to supervise your thesis.
4. Lodge the completed application form along with the research proposal at the Law Faculty Reception (counter or assignment dropbox) by the advertised deadline.
5. Students will be advised of the outcome of their application after internal faculty processing of the application and taking into account the official Release of Results from the current session.
6. If approved, you are required to self-enrol into the subject via My Student Admin. The deadline to finalise enrolment is the Monday of Week 3 of session.