Bachelor of Animation Production
Gain the knowledge and hands-on experience required to create animation work that stands out in a global industry.
NOTE: This course replaces the previous Bachelor of Design in Animation.
Why Animation Production at UTS?
If you have a passion for visual arts, drawing and storytelling, our new Bachelor of Animation Production is the right course for you. We will teach you how to observe the world around you, and draw directly from life to gain inspiration for your characters and stories. You will also:
- Learn how to observe the world around you, drawing directly from life to gain inspiration for characters and stories.
- Discover how to think creatively and develop ideas through multiple stages, focusing on character development, narrative and performance.
- Learn fundamental 2D and 3D animation skills to bring your stories to life.
- Benefit from outstanding industry connections. Across the degree, you will have the opportunity to work with live projects, such as VIVID or collaborations with the Australia Piano Quartet. UTS also has strong relationships with leading industry players such as Flying Bark Productions and Animal Logic.
- Work in a studio-led approach creates a high-intensity environment where you will learn how to work with your peers in a professional and collaborative atmosphere.
Graduates from this degree are image-makers, critical thinkers and storytellers in equal measure. You will become equipped to be industry leaders with an ability to develop, pitch and defend ideas, creating original content for TV, film, advertising and other media.
Images from films produced by our Animation students
Expand the scope of your communication qualification by combining it with another UTS degree. Options include:
- UTS Student Centre: 1300 275 887
The Bachelor of Animation Production (previously the Bachelor of Design in Animation) is embedded in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.