Welcome to UTS. Casual academics serve a vital role at UTS. Whether you're a casual lecturer, tutor, clinical educator, demonstrator, or engaged in other academic activities, UTS is committed to providing you with information, support and professional development opportunities to assist you to do your job well.
For a taste of the UTS experience, download the latest stories from U:mag or follow us on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook). You will find examples of some of the latest research and teaching and learning initiatives, achievements and events at UTS.
Your contract: Once you have returned your signed employment contract, with supporting documentation, your supervisor will liaise with Payroll to generate an ID number. Once generated, your supervisor will advise your staff ID. This enables you to activate the following UTS systems:
- UTS: MyAccount - before using any UTS System you will need to activate your email account and create a password.
- Staff Connect (staff login) - your Staff ID and password will be your login to access our intranet
- UTS staff card - you can visit any Student Centre to collect a card once you have your Staff ID, and show identification.
Orientation and employment
- Starting at UTS (staff login) is an online orientation program for all UTS staff, with practical requirements to get you started.
Learning and teaching support
- The Learning and Teaching section of the UTS website offers a range of resources to get you started, as well as an overview of learning.futures - UTS's approach to learning.
- The LX Lab (Learner Experience lab) is a drop-in space in Building 6 for all academics to network and skill-up. Drop by for learning and teaching technical support, daily workshops and events. The LX Lab Team also run the Futures Blog, an online hub for teaching and learning discussion and news.
- The Institute for Interactive Media and Learning (IML) supports learning, teaching and professional development through the provision of a range of materials, resources and services including courses and professional development, and support for faculties and for individual academics.
- The Staff Section of the Library offers a range of teaching and learning materials to assist Casual Academics. This includes services to assist staff prepare coursework and enhance student learning. The Scholar’s Centre is a dedicated centre for UTS postgraduate research students and staff which you may also find very interesting and useful.