Our vision is to see each and every patient receive the best palliative and chronic care at all times no matter their life circumstances, state of health or place of residence.
Best care, any place, every time.
Our purpose is to see substantial improvements to the quality of life, treatment and well-being of those with terminal, chronic and complex health conditions, their carers and families through:
- Conducting high quality research in partnership with patients, the community and other stakeholders such as health care providers.
- Embracing new technologies that improve the quality and availability of evidence-based care and the patient’s capacity to take control of their own care.
- Active engagement in policy formation, advocacy and the development and implementation of new, sustainable models of care.
- Involving patients and caregivers at all stages of the research process.
- To drive positive changes in care and patient well-being through conducting high quality, trans and multidisciplinary research in palliative, complex and chronic care and translating new knowledge into practice.
- To ensure the clinical workforce has the skills, evidence, capacity and content knowledge to lead change, and address key challenges such as end of life care and euthanasia.
Gaps in knowledge and care provision
- To address disparities and inequities of access to chronic and palliative care, referrals and other issues.
Patients, carers and community
- To actively engage with patients and carers to ensure their voices are at the centre of all we do in improving individual and community health and well being.
Models of care
- To assist health services to develop sustainable, safe and cost effective models of care.
- To research ways of integrating appropriate technology into new models of care that support and enable patients, carers, health services and families to maximise the quality and availability of care across care settings.
(PDF 1,186 KB)
Annual Report 2017 (PDF 1.57 MB)
Annual Report 2016 (PDF 1,068 KB)
Annual Report 2015 (PDF 1,199 KB)
Annual Report 2014 (PDF 912 KB)