This major fuses together Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering subjects so that you gain an understanding of both specialisations
What will I learn?
You’ll learn all the key skills you need to become a professional civil engineer plus develop a holistic perspective on environmental issues. You’ll also gain expertise in biotechnology, environmental analysis, ecology and physico-chemical processes, plus an understanding of the social, political and legal aspects of environmental planning and management. You’ll learn to design environmentally sustainable strategies and develop solutions for environmental topics including air, water, soil, climate change and energy in your community.
You can work in any of the areas suggested for the Flexible major, plus find opportunities with:
- environmental consultants
- water, waste, soil and energy industries
- local councils and government agencies
- catchment management authorities
- international development organisations
- work with major firms that specialise in environmental engineering such as KMH and Cardno, as well as large civil engineering firms listed in the Civil major