If you are a current UTS student who wishes to study
- a subject at another institution or
- an approved BUiLD short-term overseas programs or
- at an institution that is not a UTS Global Exchange partner
and you are seeking academic credit within your UTS degree, you may be able to apply for concurrent study.
Conditions of concurrent study
Students cannot undertake a concurrent study if UTS offers the equivalent subject during the academic year or students wish to accelerate their studies.
Some faculties will only approve concurrent study in exceptional circumstances:
How to apply
Applications for concurrent study must be submitted at least four weeks before the start of the session or other teaching period during which the student wishes to undertake study at another institution.
Download the Application for Concurrent Study (PDF, 355kB).
When you receive your results from your host institution at the end of the teaching session on concurrent study, you must submit
- the copy of the concurrent study approval notification and
- a certified copy of an academic transcript with the grading system issued by the host institution.
This must be submitted to the UTS Student Centre so that the credit can be transferred to your record at UTS.
Student and related rules: