Software available to students
How to access common software
Each software application has a specific installation method. Select the specific software application and relevant instructions and installation files will be available for each software application.
Software accessible to students include:
- Office 365 is a subscription cloud based productivity suite based available to all UTS students.
- Microsoft Teams allows you to collaborate in channels and pin documents, videos, websites, hold online meetings while presenting a PowerPoint or a whiteboard, and more.
- UTSOnline (Blackboard) is where you can access learning and teaching materials for subjects, complete online activities, view subject announcements , submit assessments, and receive grades and feedback.
- Canvas is where you can access learning and teaching materials for subjects, complete online activities, view subject announcements, ubmit assessments, and receive grades and feedback.
- Zoom is a high quality video and audio online conferencing tool for desktops, tablets and smartphones.
- Read&Write is literacy software with literacy features help English Language Learners, as well as people with dyslexia or other learning difficulties
- EndNote lets you create, store and organise references quickly and easily
- Nvivo is a qualitative software package
- Mathematica is computation, development and deployment software
Other software available to students
These links open external websites.
About software licenses for students
UTS has a limited number of site licenses in place. These site licenses provide access to you to these applications for home use while you are a UTS student.
For access to UTS Site license software, you can also search for the software you require in the online knowledge base in ServiceConnect. Please note that Terms and Conditions apply to you when you are installing UTS licensed software on your computer.
Use of these licenses by you is no longer valid when you are no longer a UTS student.
Please note licensed software does not apply to UTS Alumnus. UTS Alumni do not have access to site licensed software.