Preparing to graduate
As an international student, there’s a lot to think about in your final session - from graduating, to settling back in and making the most of your degree when you return home.
Find all the information and advice you need about:
- your eligibility to graduate and graduation ceremonies, on the UTS Graduation site
- international graduation ceremonies - official UTS Graduation ceremonies held in Shanghai
- attending an International Students’ Farewell Ceremony before you return home
- returning home - learn more about our Returning Home: Strategies for Success seminar held in Autumn and Spring sessions.
International Students' Farewell Ceremony
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, the International Student Farewell Ceremony scheduled for 20 November 2020 has been postponed until further notice.
It’s too soon to say when UTS will be able to reschedule this event, but we will keep you informed of any plans for future dates (so keep an eye on your UTS email) and we look forward to celebrating your hard-earned achievement with you.
The UTS International Students' Farewell Ceremony is an opportunity for you to celebrate the completion of your studies at UTS with fellow international students, and family and friends.
It is a formal event, held in Autumn and Spring sessions for departing international students who are unable to remain in Australia until their official graduation ceremony. The ceremony includes an academic procession. Students wear academic dress, receive a certificate of participation and are presented to the representative of the Vice-Chancellor and President.
Note: this is not an official graduation ceremony and you won’t receive your testamur or formal results at this event. If you are unable to attend your UTS graduation ceremony, your testamur will be sent to you after the official graduation ceremonies take place.
For more information about attending a UTS graduation ceremony in Australia or overseas, visit the UTS Graduation site.
Who can attend?
- International students who are due to complete their studies at the end of session
- Friends and family of international students
Returning home: strategies for success
The Returning Home: Strategies for Success workshop is for all UTS International Students who will soon be returning to their home country. The aim of the workshop is to prepare you for adjusting back into your home country after studying in Australia.
- Strategies for career preparation after studying in Australia
- Addressing potential adjustment issues you may experience when you go home and developing strategies to deal with them
- Reflecting on your personal achievements from your experience of studying in Australia.
Refreshments will be provided during the workshop.
As a UTS graduate, you can join UTS: Alumni, giving you access to a wide range of benefits and special offers. UTS Alumni Networks offer opportunities for social and professional networking in Australia and internationally.
You can stay involved by attending Alumni Events.
If you are interested in further study, search for Courses at UTS.