All applicants must submit a personal statement, equivalent to the UAC Teaching Questionnaire if applying for one of the following teaching courses:
- Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Education (BABEd)
- Bachelor of Education Bachelor of Arts in International Studies (BEdBAIS)
- Master of Teaching in Secondary Education (MTeach)
- Tell us what has inspired you to become a teacher and tell us why you think teaching is a good career choice for you.
In your response, describe who and what has inspired you to become a teacher and describe the types of skills and abilities you will bring to teaching.
- Describe one or two leadership, community and/or learning and development activities that you have engaged in.
In your response, describe how these leadership, community and/or learning and development activities demonstrate your conscientiousness and coping strategies when you are faced with challenges.
- Describe how you manage your time when you are both planning and coordinating activities in your personal schedule.
In your response, provide examples of how you have put both your planning and coordinating skills to use.
- Tell us about one or two times where you have utilised your problem-solving skills to achieve an outcome.
In your response, explain what you learned, regardless of whether the outcome you achieved was positive or undesirable.
Some examples to guide your responses might include:
co-curricular participation (eg arts, sports, debating, social justice
projects (eg curriculum projects, science fairs)
leadership experiences (eg student leadership positions, arts, sports)
support of other learners (eg peer mentoring, coaching, buddy programs)
employment history and roles
employment involving children or young people
work-based training undertaken
work-based training provided
Volunteer and community experience
volunteer or community experience (eg community groups, parish/church groups, cadets, lifesaving, fundraising, clubs)
community learning and training experiences (eg Guides, Scouts, Duke of Edinburgh Award, St Johns)
Personal talents, interests and abilities
elite performance (eg athletics, creative arts, other areas)
The disadvantage that you have overcome
social, cultural or economic
geographical – remote and rural
personal and health.