Resources and Systems
UTS is home to close to 4,000 staff and 45,000 students. This means in joining UTS, you’re bound to come across a host of systems and resources across the university. To help, we've summarised just some of the systems and resources that will help you in your day-to-day.
- Starting at UTS online is a week-by-week walkthrough developed by team in Human Resources for starting at UTS. This includes how to set up your staff card, wifi access, travel expenses etc.
- Welcome to UTS sessions are run by HR four times a year for all new staff. Whether you’re casual or in for a longer stay – in just 2hours it’s a chance to meet Attila Brings, our Vice Chancellor, and Shirley Alexander, Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students – as well as chat to a host of services offered to staff.
- Teaching for learning.futures program: This five-module program mixes face-to-face and online to support academics to develop the understanding, capability and confidence to teach subjects aligned with learning.futures - UTS's university-wide approach to blended learning. It's also a great way to meet other new academics and build a network of teaching and learning support.
- UTS Neo: Time to get paid, NEO is where you can submit pay claims and recruit new staff etc. For any questions about pay claims, check out the Human Resources information or contact HR.
- Calendar plug-in: Stay up-to-date with what’s on in teaching and learning with this calendar plug-in for Outlook. You can also view the UTS Academic Calendar
- UTS Handbook: The authoritative source for all approved courses and subjects.
- Powerpoint /word document / stationary templates: Get started with the UTS branded templates.
Educational and technological
- LX.lab drop-in support: Located in Building 6, Level 4, meet the team of learning technologists who offer Canvas, Blackboard (UTSOnline), REVIEW, SPARK or Turnitin support. The LX.lab hosts a range of daily workshops and drop-in sessions, as well as online chat support. The lab is open to all academics - host a meeting, network, exchange ideas or simply drop-in to ask for some advice.
- LX at UTS: the online space for the UTS learning and teaching community. It includes LX Resources, the Futures blog and learning and teaching events.
- Canvas: One of the learning management systems used at UTS. For help with Canvas, visit LX Resources.
- UTSOnline: Another UTS learning system. If you need help setting up your subjects in UTSOnline, visit UTSOnline help for a host of support materials.
- UTS Library teaching support tools: The UTS Library offers a range of research and in-class tools and support, as well as free access to online tutorials in LYNDA
- 'Learning and Teaching' on Staff connect: Staff connect is the UTS internal sharing site. Staff connect hosts resources that have limited access to UTS staff.
- Audio-visual and IT Support Centre: Having tech issues in the classroom? Log a request at https://serviceconnect.uts.edu.au/. If it’s urgent call 9514 2222 (9am-5pm).
- Connected Intelligence Centre: CIC is a strategic innovation centre working in close partnership with faculties and business units, providing UTS with research-based data science tools and expertise. CIC expertise, coupled with our strategic internal and external relationships, build the capacity of UTS to uncover new insights through data science techniques and analytics tools.
- Room bookings: Need to book a room? Log-in with your staff number and password to book a space or explore availability.
- Room maintenance and cleaning: If you notice a maintenance or cleaning issue that needs attention in one of your classrooms, please contact Building Maintenance (9514 7477) or Cleaning (9514 1013)
- Audiovisual and IT Support Centre: Having tech issues in the classroom? Log a request at https://serviceconnect.uts.edu.au/. If it’s urgent call 9514 2222 (9am-5pm).
- Security, first aid and incident reporting: When things go wrong, we're here to help. For Security dial 6 from any internal phone, or 1800 249 559 from mobile phones.
- Student support services: We offer a range of support - academic, health and wellbeing, financial - for your students. Please familiarise yourself with what's on offer and who you can go to for help.
- HELPS English Language support: Higher Education Language and Presentation Support (HELPS) provides free non-credited English language and academic literacy support to UTS undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students. HELPS offer a broad range of online and in-person support. The UTS LIbrary also offer resources for English Language help.
- U:PASS: A free student learning program designed to assist students who are studying subjects that are perceived as difficult or that historically have a high failure rate. Students are tutored by past students who have performed well academically in these difficult subjects.