Once you have accepted your offer to study at UTS, you will need to complete the enrolment process. There are different processes to follow for domestic and international students.
As a domestic student, you can complete your enrolment via MyStudentAdmin, which is the online UTS student system.
Which subjects should I enrol in?
To complete the enrolment process, you will need to enrol in your thesis subject. If your degree includes compulsory coursework subjects (as outlined in your Letter of Offer), you can also enrol in these at the same time.
If you have trouble enrolling in your coursework subjects, the Graduate Research School can complete this process for you once your thesis enrolment is complete.
How to enrol
Log in to MyStudentAdmin and click on ‘Offers’ at the top of the page. When you accepted your offer, you should have completed steps 1-4 of this process. The enrolment process starts with Step 5: ‘Enrol in Subjects’.
- Click on ‘Enrol in Subjects’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Read and acknowledge the Student Declaration. Click ‘Submit’.
- You will see your degree title (Master of Research or Doctor of Philosophy) and a list of coursework subjects (if any). Click the ‘Enrol’ box in the top right-hand corner of your thesis subject and any available coursework subjects.
- Choose the session (Autumn or Spring) as shown on your Letter of Offer in which you will commence your studies.
- Click ‘Confirm Enrolment’.
Information on start dates
Your start date is the day your UTS research candidature begins. If you enrol before you begin your candidature (that is, you complete your acceptance and enrolment processes prior to the first day of the session in which you will commence your studies), the system will automatically show your start date as being:
- 1 January of your commencement year if you’re beginning in Autumn session
- 1 July of your commencement year if you’re beginning in Spring session.
To select your actual start date (that is, the date on which your candidature begins), you will need to complete the offer acceptance process and your enrolment process on the first day of your candidature.
International students need to enrol in person at the Graduate Research School. As soon as you arrive in Australia, you should visit our office at level 7, UTS Building 1 (CB01 – The Tower) to enrol.
- Autumn session enrolment is between 2nd January and 7th April.
- Spring session enrolment is between 1st July and 25th August.
- Our opening hours are 9am–5pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
You will need the following documents to enrol:
- UTS application ID