Once you have accepted your offer to study at UTS, you will need to complete the enrolment process. There are different processes to follow for domestic and international students.
As a domestic student, you can complete your enrolment via MyStudentAdmin, which is the online UTS student system.
Which subjects should I enrol in?
To complete the enrolment process, you will need to enrol in your thesis subject. If your degree includes compulsory coursework subjects (as outlined in your Letter of Offer), you can also enrol in these at the same time.
If you have trouble enrolling in your coursework subjects, the Graduate Research School can complete this process for you once your thesis enrolment is complete.
How to enrol
Log in to MyStudentAdmin and click on ‘Offers’ at the top of the page. When you accepted your offer, you should have completed steps 1-4 of this process. The enrolment process starts with Step 5: ‘Enrol in Subjects’.
- Click on ‘Enrol in Subjects’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Read and acknowledge the Student Declaration. Click ‘Submit’.
- You will see your degree title (Master of Research or Doctor of Philosophy) and a list of coursework subjects (if any). Click the ‘Enrol’ box in the top right-hand corner of your thesis subject and any available coursework subjects.
- Choose the session (Autumn or Spring) as shown on your Letter of Offer in which you will commence your studies.
- Click ‘Confirm Enrolment’.
Information on start dates
Your start date is the day your UTS research candidature begins. If you enrol before you begin your candidature (that is, you complete your acceptance and enrolment processes prior to the first day of the session in which you will commence your studies), the system will automatically show your start date as being:
- 1 January of your commencement year if you’re beginning in Autumn session
- 1 July of your commencement year if you’re beginning in Spring session.
To select your actual start date (that is, the date on which your candidature begins), you will need to complete the offer acceptance process and your enrolment process on the first day of your candidature.
If you are a commencing international graduate research student with an approved student visa, please identify your situation from one of the points below and follow the instructions:
- If you are currently located in the Greater Sydney region, please contact your supervisor to agree on a start date for your research studies at UTS, then email GRS to request enrolment instructions for Research Session 1, 2021.
- If you are offshore or interstate and would like to enrol off campus/online, please complete an off-campus study approval form with your UTS supervisor and send it to your faculty for approval. If approved, your faculty will send the form to the Graduate Research School (GRS) who will then provide enrolment instructions to you via email.
- If you and/or your supervisors do not want your studies to commence from home by enrolling offshore, please email the GRS international team who will work with you to defer the start of your studies.