Part A – Competition Details
This Part A sets out the details of the Competition. The terms and conditions applicable to the Competition are set out in Part B.
Competition title: UTS Options Day Prize Draw
How to enter: Complete the UTS Options Day post-event survey, then enter your name and email to go into the draw.
Prize(s): One winner will be drawn. The winner will be awarded a Mastercard gift card worth $30.
Competition period: The competition commences at 6pm on Thursday 19 December 2019 and entries must be submitted to the promoters no later than 5pm on Thursday 26 December 2019.
Who may enter: Entry is open only to those who attended the UTS Options Day event on 19 December 2019 and received the survey link.
Maximum number of entries per individual entrant: 1 entry per individual entrant.
Additional entry instructions: At the completion of the survey, participants will be asked to provide their name and email address so they can be contacted if they are the winner. The winner will be randomly selected from all entries that correctly provide their contact details. The personal details of the respondent will only be used for the purposes of the competition and will not be linked to their survey responses.
Judging process: The winner will be the first randomly selected entry drawn from the list of entrants that have correctly entered the competition.
Judging date: Thursday 16 January 2020
Prize winner notification: The winner will be notified by email following the date of judging.
Claiming the prize: The winner must provide their postal address and UTS will mail out the prize before Friday 31 January, unless alternate arrangements are made with the survey prize coordinator. In the event the winner does not claim the prize by 5pm on the above date, the winner shall forfeit their prize and the next randomly selected entrant will receive the prize. The winners of any unclaimed prize will be notified by email address.
Special conditions: Entrants consent to the disclosure of their information (including name, contact detail and entry) to The University of Technology Sydney. Mastercard cards are valid until February 2023.
Part B – Terms & Conditions for University Competition
1. These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the game of chance described in Part A (the “Competition”).
2. The Competition will be conducted by The University of Technology Sydney (the “Promoters”) during the period specified in Part A (the “Competition Period”).
3. The Terms may be amended or replaced by the Promoters in its absolute discretion and at any time.
4. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms (as amended from time to time).
5. Entry is open only to people who comply with any entry restrictions specified in these Terms.
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must, during the Competition Period, follow the entry method and instructions specified in Part A.
7. Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Competition Period. Entrants may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in Part A. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and if the Competition requires the submission of a creative work, each entry by the same entrant must be unique and original. If an entrant submits multiple entries in excess of the permitted maximum, only the entry or entries most recently submitted (up to the permitted maximum) will be accepted by the Promoters.
8. If entrants are invited to answer a question, send in comments, photos and/or videos (or other multimedia) as part of their entry, each entry must be an original work by the entrant and the entrant must have obtained the permission from all persons appearing in photos/videos and property owners to enter this competition in accordance with the Terms. Each entrant warrants that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoters or other persons will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
9. Each entrant is responsible for notifying the Promoters of any changes to his/her phone number during and after the Competition Period.
10. The Competition is a game of chance and each validly submitted entry will enter the draw to be randomly selected by as the Competition winner.
11. A decision of the Promoters in relation to the conduct of the Competition, including the selection of winning entries, is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Unless otherwise specified in Part A, winners will be notified by phone and/or SMS within 2 business days after the judging date. Each entrant consents to the Promoters publishing details of a winner or winning entry on its website.
13. Unless otherwise specified in Part A, prizes must be claimed within 1 month of the judging date. If a prize is event-based or contains perishable goods, the prizes will be forfeited in full if not claimed by their expiry date. If a prize is not claimed within the specified time, the Promoters may, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or award the prize to the next best valid entry or entries.
14. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prizes or any element of the prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s. The contents of the prizes will be at the Promoters’ sole discretion.
15. If the prize includes vouchers or tickets, the prize is valid until the expiry date specified on the voucher or ticket (or its provider), and subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider. Such prizes cannot be redeemed for further vouchers or tickets, and are not exchangeable for cash.
16. If a prize involves the winner or winning entry participating in an event, if any part of the event is postponed, cancelled or varied for any reason, then at the Promoters’ discretion, the winner forfeits all rights to participate in the relevant event and no cash or alternative prize will be substituted for that element of the prize.
17. Any expense, including taxes, spare parts, maintenance or delivery costs, associated with accepting, taking or using a prize, will be the prize winner’s sole responsibility.
18. The Promoters makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded by the Promoters, the liability of the Promoters is limited to resupplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
19. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoters for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent a winner from accepting, taking or using a prize.
20. The Promoters may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify:
a) any entry which is not original, is not completed in accordance with these Terms, infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party, contains any objectionable or poor quality content, or has the potential to damage the reputation of any person; or
b) any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms, or who has in the opinion of the Promoters, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to, or is likely to, adversely affect the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoters.
21. The Promoters reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the prizes to cancel or vary a competition, or cancel, vary or withdraw its prizes. If the Promoters cancels or varies a competition, or cancels, varies or withdraws its prizes, is not:
a) liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
b)required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
22. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incorrectly submitted or misdirected entries, for any technological malfunction or failure, Internet traffic congestion, or for outdated or incorrect contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on relevant dates.
23. Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoters is not be liable for, and an entrant releases the Promoters from, liabilities relating to any direct or indirect loss or damage which is suffered, or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained, as a result of entering the Competition, failing to win, winning, accepting or using a prize.
24. Any information or material provided by entrants to the Promoters when entering the Competition will be used by the Promoters for the purpose of promoting the purpose of the Competition, conducting the Competition, administering the prizes and as otherwise specified in these Terms. The Promoters may use any personal information in accordance with its privacy policies available at its website uts.edu.au. Entrants may access and correct their personal information held by the Promoters, upon request to the Promoters.
25. This competition is held as a gratuitous lottery under the Lotteries and Art Unions Act 1901 No 34 and therefore no permit is required.