As the saying goes, it’s who you know. We’ve got pretty solid connections with more than 1000 companies, and the benefits are yours for the taking.
Courses with a future
It’s widely acknowledged in industry that our courses are practice-based, relevant and shaped by our deep connections with companies spanning a huge range of sectors. Industry practitioners, including our alumni, join our academics and tutors to share their extensive knowledge and expertise. That way you get so much more than theory – you gain valuable insights into how industry works and what employers are looking for in graduates.
Research that matters
Innovative, impactful research doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Our researchers work alongside – and within – industry to explore and develop solutions that are useful and transformative. Our partnerships have even spawned spin-off companies like SABRE Autonomous Solutions, who collaborated with Transport for NSW to develop a revolutionary grit-blasting robot used on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Find out more about research partnerships.
It's in our bones
Industry engagement is built into everything we do, and happens on so many levels.
- We creates strategic linkages with companies through our Industry Partnering Unit (IAN) for scholarships, prizes, internships and staff development.
- We bring together top engineering and technology executives through our Industry Advisory Network to ensure our teaching programs produce agile graduates ready to meet current and future industry needs.
- We partner with the Cisco Networking Academy so our students gain the top-level ICT skills to design, build and manage networks. Our networking labs, subjects and programs prep students for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) industry certifications.
- We connect female undergraduates with industry mentors through the celebrated Lucy Mentoring program.
- We work with the Australian Computer Society (ACS) on ACS accreditation for our degrees and professional-level membership eligibility for our graduates.
- We partner with the Australian Computer Society Foundation to support Australia’s future ICT networks, and host their Big Day In each year.
- We have a long association with Females in IT and Telecommunications (FITT), and have had four staff representatives on their steering committee since 1989.
Find out more about working with UTS.