The Health Service provides friendly and confidential medical services to students, staff, alumni and their families.
ALERT - Medicare SMS Scam
Please be aware of email or a text messages claiming to come Medicare, to make sure it’s not a scam please view the Media Hub Website.
The service is available at the City campus, with bulk billing available. Appointments for UTS students are given the highest priority.
The main purpose of the health service is to provide good health care and information so that students can get on with the job of being good students.
Our services include, but are not confined to:
- treatment of a range of medical conditions, illnesses and other physical problems
- consultations for a broad range of health, sexuality and lifestyle issues
- women's health issues, including advice on contraception, pregnancy testing and antenatal care
- travel advice and vaccinations.
- information pamphlets on a broad range of health issues
- vaccinations for nursing students (re clinical placement requirements)
- advice or assistance for students with examination difficulties, or in need of special assessment arrangements because of a disability or medical condition.
Hours of operation
The Health Service is open Monday - Friday thoughout the year (except public holidays)
- Monday 8.30am – 6.00pm
- Tuesday 8.30am – 6.00pm
- Wednesday 8.30am – 6.00pm
- Thursday 8.30am – 6.00pm
- Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
After hours service and public holidays
Contact Sydney Medical Service Co-operative Limited for after hours service between the following times:
- Weeknights 6pm - 8am
- Weekends Saturday noon - Monday 8am
- Public Holidays 24 hours
- Telephone 02 8724 6300
Note: this service bills privately
The Health Service is located at 15 Broadway, Ultimo (Building 1 (UTS Tower), Level 6 – 01.06.001
Communicating with the practice
You can telephone the practice during business hours on 9514 1177. Doctors may be contacted by phone during normal practice hours. If the doctor is with a patient, a message will be taken and you will be advised when the doctor is likely to return your call. Email enquiries to the practice may be directed to email@example.com. Email communication will be actioned in 1 – 2 business days.
The Health Service is made available to UTS students, staff, alumni and their families. Medical practitioners determine whether, and with what frequency they will accept patients for consultation. Services are generally provided via scheduled appointments. Patients may be prioritised in cases of medical emergency as determined by the triage process.
The University reserves the right to take all necessary action to protect the safety of its staff, students and facilities, and to ensure reasonable use of services and facilities. This may include revoking or placing conditions on access to facilities, services, or campus precincts.