UTS Counselling Service can provide support during the Coronavirus pandemic and beyond. UTS Counselling continues to operate and has flexibility to provide counselling via phone and videoconferencing platform Zoom to UTS students.
We can help you:
- prioritise, make important decisions and manage time
- manage energy levels more effectively and deal with stress
- share and express painful feelings or confidential concerns
- develop new strategies for dealing with relationships, fears and unwanted behaviour patterns
- develop effective group work skills
- understand and deal with problems relating to mental health, alcohol and other drugs, body image or eating problems, and support around matters of gender and sexuality
- deal with UTS administrative issues when other avenues have failed.
- counsellors who can help international students with personal, practical and administrative problems
- Learning Skills counsellors who can help students explore ways of overcoming a wide range of difficulties blocking effective study
- counsellors with special skills in assessing and treating more serious psychological problems.
UTS students can report and refer other students for support
If you are a student and are concerned for the safety of another student or would like to discuss any related issues, please call the Counselling Unit on 9514 1177 to ask to speak with a Counsellor or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will discuss with you all relevant next best steps. If the matter of concern is life threatening please call 000.