Need some financial support? Don't worry, we're here to help!
The Financial Assistance Service can assist you with practical and financial aspects of life at university, such as:
- interest-free student loans for immediate crises
- information on equity-based grants and scholarships
- information on Centrelink and the benefits available to you
- tax help - assistance with lodging your annual Tax Return
- advice if you’re having difficulties continuing your studies because of financial hardship
- computer hardware and software for students on a low-income
- book vouchers for core textbooks and subsidies for UTS Housing rental
- putting you in touch with professionals, agencies, counselors, and others who can help most.
For general information on money matters most likely to affect you while you're a student at UTS, check out the self-help resources section on this website.
The UTS Careers service can offer career consulting, helpful advice, and assistance in finding casual and permanent employment.
Make an appointment
Chat with one of our team about financial support at UTS.
> Firstly, call 9514 1177 to book an appointment with the Financial Services Team
> Your appointments will be located in Building 1, Level 6
Please note, appointments are on offer from Monday to Friday, 9.30am-4.30pm
> Email email@example.com
Any personal information you share with the financial assistance service will remain confidential.
From July 2017, certain Student Services Unit services/programs will adopt a more collaborative approach to enhance service delivery for students. This enables more cohesion between the services when working with students, a smooth transition and referral between services, and minimises the duplication of processes and documentation provision. Staff may be working across various services/programs as part of this collaborative approach.
A key change from July 2017 is that the services below will share a new appointment system. As such, each of these Services will share [UTS] details regarding the appointments booked by students.
The Student Service Unit services involved are:
- Financial Assistance
- Transition and Academic Support Program (TASP): School’s Recommendation Scheme (SRS); Education and Career Support (ECS)
I understand that as a client of the above services:
- that [UTS] SSU staff will only have direct access to my individual file for the service they are working within, however, the information contained in each of my service files may be shared between these services as relevant to the service provision provided
- that I’m required to communicate directly with the designated staff of each of the services I’m accessing, to make requests and provide information requested for the provision of my services
- that given these services work collaboratively within the broader Student Services Unit, I give permission for my information to be shared between the staff of these services as relevant to the management of my health, wellbeing, access requirements and academic success.
The Financial Assistance Service is made available to service users based on funding availability and guidelines, and subject to demand, which varies at different times in the academic year. Service users will be informed of the nature, frequency and duration of service that is reasonable, based on the level of demand, staff availability, and service user needs.
The University reserves the right to take all necessary action to protect the safety of its staff, students and facilities, and to ensure reasonable use of services and facilities. This may include revoking or placing conditions on access to facilities, services, or campus precincts.