In an emergency
Contact UTS Security for any on-campus emergency
Dial 6 from a campus phone or 1800 249 559 from any phone.
If you're off-campus
Dial 000 for Police/Ambulance/Fire Brigade
UTS Security services
UTS is committed to providing a safe and healthy study environment for all UTS students. We have many services and a lot of advice specifically for students' safety and well-being:
- Find emergency contacts and campus help points that can be used to contact UTS Security in an emergency.
- Be informed about building opening hours.
- Get information about emergency evacuations and watch the Escape From UTS evacuation video.
- Check out our guide to reporting and managing hazards and incidents using HIRO - the UTS system for Hazard and Incident Reporting Online.
- Get in touch with the Lost and Found service.
- Visit the Sexual assault, indecent assault & sexual harassment web page for suggestions, resources and information about emergency support, reporting procedures and further support. If you are a UTS student or staff member experiencing sexual assault or are concerned about someone in our UTS community please contact the UTS Sexual Assault Support Line: 1800 531 626 (24 hours).
Security shuttle and campus escort service
UTS Security provides an after-hours escort service to escort UTS staff and students to UTS buildings, residences and transport hubs. Security staff are also available to escort members of the UTS community during daylight hours in case of injury or specific safety concerns. You can contact UTS Security Control Room anytime by calling: 9514 1192.
UTS Students and Staff can also use the regular Security Shuttle Bus Service. This service runs seven nights a week throughout the year (except during the campus shutdown period), transporting students and staff around the campus and to UTS residences.
It’s vital to adjust the ergonomic set-up of your computer workstation so you can work comfortably and safely. All students should ensure that they adjust their equipment to suit their needs. Regular, short stretch breaks are important ways of looking after your body at work.