UTS is committed to providing a safe and healthy study environment for all UTS students. We have many services and a lot of advice specifically for students safety and well-being:
- Find emergency contacts and link up with student support services.
- Be informed about campus opening hours and campus help points.
- Watch our evacuation procedure flick Escape from UTS
- Check out our guide for students and staff on reporting and management of hazards and incidents using HIRO - the UTS system for Hazard and Incident Reporting Online.
- Get in touch with the Lost and Found service.
- Visit the Sexual assault, indecent assault & sexual harassment web page for suggestions, resources and information about emergency support, reporting procedures and further support. If you are a UTS student or staff member experiencing sexual assault or are concerned about someone in our UTS community please contact the UTS Sexual Assault Support Line: 1800 531 626 (24 hours).
Security shuttle and campus escort service
UTS Security provides an after-hours escort service for all UTS staff and students. Members of our dedicated team are available to escort you to UTS buildings, residences and Central Station. Security staff are also available to escort members of the UTS community during daylight hours in case of injury or specific safety concerns. You can contact UTS Security Control Room seven nights a week, by calling: 9514 1192.
- UTS Students and Staff are also encouraged to utilise the regular Security Shuttle Bus Service detailed below. This service runs seven nights a week between February and December, transporting students and staff around the campus and to UTS residences.
It’s vital to adjust the ergonomic set-up of your computer workstation so you can work comfortably and safely. All students should ensure that they adjust their equipment to suit their needs. Regular, short stretch breaks are important ways of looking after your body at work.