in an emergency call triple zero, 000
- dial 6 (internal telephones)
- free call 1800 249 559
Accidents, incidents and hazards:
- report to a staff member or to 9514 1192
- Police Assistance Line: 131 444(24-hour non-emergency assistance)
- Victims Access Line: 1800 633 063 (24-hour support for victims of crime)
- Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000
Emergency counselling and services
Mental health services
- NSW Mental Health Line: 1800 011 511 (24-hours)
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital crisis service: 9515 6111 (ask for after-hours crisis workers)
Sexual assault and domestic violence services
- We want all members of the UTS community to be safe from sexual assault and harassment. Visit the Sexual assault, indecent assault & sexual harassment web page for suggestions, resources and information about emergency support, reporting procedures and further support.
- UTS Sexual Assault Support Line: 1800 531 626 . The UTS Sexual Assault Support Line is staffed by professionally trained, trauma informed counsellors 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). UTS Security will respond to calls on this number out of office hours.
- NSW Rape Crisis, Rape and Domestic Violence Services Australia: 1800 424 017
- NSW domestic violence line: 1800 656 463 (24-hours)
- UTS staff can contact our EAP provider on 1300 360 364.
Alcohol and drug counselling
Alcoholics Anonymous: 1300 22 22 22 or 9799 1199 (24-hours)
Homeless Persons' Information Centre: 1800 234 566 (7 days, 9am - 10pm)
Emergency counselling for Australians overseas
UTS partners with International SOS (ISOS) (opens an external site), a 24-hour emergency resource centre. Australian students overseas can contact ISOS for referral to emergency counselling.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade provides emergency services for Australians who are overseas, including access to Lifeline 24-hour phone counselling via the Consular Emergency Centre. Calls to the local Australian high commission, embassy, or consulate in various countries can also be transferred to Lifeline for the cost of a local call. Visit smartraveller.gov.au (opens an external site) for further information.
The Consular Emergency Centre:
+61 2 6261 3305 (or 1300 555 135 within Australia)