IMPORTANT UPDATE: Right to information and access requests at this time
The current unprecedented events in managing and responding to the COVID-19 has required all NSW agencies, including UTS, to review and consider their business continuity arrangements.
We will be continuing to attending to our reporting obligations and access application obligations under the Government Information (Public Access) Act at this time. However, as many staff may be working remotely or on leave, access to information and processing of applications may be slower than usual, in particular if they require access to physical records in the event the university is shut down for any period of time. We may need to liaise with applicants about extending notice and deadline requirements, or in relation to the scope of their applications.
Please contact us through email@example.com if you have any questions about how processing of your access application may be impacted.
The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) has also issued the following COVID-19 information for citizens on your rights under the information access and privacy legislation.
In New South Wales, the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the GIPA Act) replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW) on 1 July 2010.
The GIPA Act:
- requires UTS to release specific types of information online
- encourages proactive release of other information held by UTS
- can provide an enforceable right for you to access information, except where there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.
Access to information is managed in accordance with the GIPA Act.
- Publicly available UTS information documents and provides access to public UTS information, including the UTS agency information guide, disclosure log and register of contracts
- Applying for access to information describes how to apply for access to information and explains how access applications are handled at UTS
- Applying for a review of a decision explains which access application decisions are 'reviewable decisions' under the GIPA Act, how decisions can be appealed and how reviews are handled
- Contacts provides contact details for the UTS Right to Information Contact Officer and other relevant UTS and non-UTS contacts.