UTS maintains a publicly available register of contracts on the university's website, as required by Part 3, division 5 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) (GIPA Act).
The UTS register of contracts publishes information about contracts between UTS and private sector entities valued at or above $150,000, where one of the parties has agreed to:
- undertake a specific project (eg construction, infrastructure or property development)
- provide specific goods or services (eg information technology services)
- transfer real property to another party in the contract, or
- a lease of real property.
Contracts are listed alphabetically by contractor and each entry on the register notes the contractor, a description of the contracts purpose, a reference number and the contract class.
Contract details are made available in PDF format.
The GIPA Act identifies three classes of contracts (1, 2 and 3), which determine the amount of information required to be published.
Where a contract is defined as class 3, a copy of the contract will usually be included on the register.
What’s not included
The following contracts are not required to be included on the register:
- agreements with no legally binding obligations
- a document giving of a gift to UTS
- employment contracts.
Under section 32 of the GIPA Act, some types of contract information are not required to be included in the register, for example:
- where the information is commercial-in-confidence
- information that relates to details of any unsuccessful tender, or
- any matter that could reasonably be expected to affect public safety or security, or
- where there is an overriding public interest against disclosure
Where contracts are listed on the register, but certain information has not been provided, details will be included on the contract's entry to explain what information has not been provided and why.
Generally, UTS does not list on the register any contract for research or consultancies with private sector entities where UTS is engaged by the private sector to undertaking the research or consultancy. These are not included on grounds that publication would:
- reveal commercial-in-confidence provisions (GIPA Act section 32(1)(a))
- prejudice the private entities legitimate business, commercial or financial interests (sections 32(1)(d) and 14(4)(d)), and
- prejudice the conduct, effectiveness or integrity of the research by revealing its purpose, conduct or expected results (sections 32(1)(d) and 14(4)(e)).
Contracts reported in the register will remain publicly accessible for 20 working days or until the conditions of the contract have expired, whichever timeframe is longer. Contracts that meet both criteria will be removed from the register on a regular basis.
UTS register of contracts
- Australia's National Research Organisation for Women's Safety Ltd for research services. V18/520. Class 1
- Australian Human Rights Commission for a Human Rights and Technology joint venture project. V18/416. Class 2
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency for research services. V14/560. Class 1
- Bingo Waste Services Pty Ltd for provision of skip bins to all campus locations. V17/670. Class 1
- BVN Architecture Pty Ltd for lead consultancy services for Building 4. V17/1269. Class 2
- CA Pacific Pty Ltd for licenses and implementation services for a project portfolio management tool for ITD. V17/724. Class 1
- Chubb Fire and Security Pty Limited for fire systems testing and maintenance services. V14/538. Class 1
- Commonwealth of Australia (Department of Health) for research services. V17/25. Class 1
- Commonwealth of Australia (Department of Industry, Innovation and Science) for research services. V17/990. Class 1
- Concur Holding (Netherlands) B.V. for travel and expense management through software as a service. V18/823. Class 2
- CSIRO for research services. V15/538. Class 1
- Datarati for marketing automation. V16/689. Class 1
- ERM Power Retail Pty Ltd for supply of retail electricity. V17/969. Class 1
- ETP Ion Detect Pty Ltd and FEI Company for research services as part of an ARC linkage project. V18/397. Class 1
- European Catering Pty Ltd for graduation catering services. V13/251. Class 1
- Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (FRDC) for research services. V18/515. Class 1
- Gardner Wetherill & Associates Pty Ltd for architectural services for refurbishment of CB03.04. V18/1508. Class 1
- GE Healthcare Australia Pty Limited for research services under an ARC linkage project collaboration agreement regarding new photobioreactor. V16/712. Class 1
- Global Business College of Australia Pty Ltd and Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth Limited for research services under an ARC linkage projects partner agreement regarding cyberbullying. V16/713. Class 1
- ICAD Consultants Pty Ltd for support and maintenance services for Archibus. V15/1098. Class 1
- IPS Cleaning Australia Pty Ltd (and contract) for cleaning services. V14/492. Class 3
- IQ3 Pty Ltd (and contract) a data storage, backup and archive panel. V15/1091. Class 3
- Learning Emergence Partners LLP for implementation and provision of the CLARA SAAS Cloud solution. V18/986. Class 2
- Lynda.com for subscription services. V15/1161. Class 2
- Microsoft Pty Ltd for provision of server, systems and application software. V18/262. Class 2
- MSS Security Pty Ltd for security guard services. V18/329. Class 1
- Murdoch University, CSIRO and others for research services. V10/193. Class 1
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) for research services. V16/296. Class 1
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) for research services. V16/541. Class 1
- Northern Illinois University for research services. V18/468. Class 1
- Peddle Thorp Interiors Pty Ltd for consultancy agreement for HDR activity-based environment. V16/780. Class 1
- PeopleGrove Inc. for implementation and provision of the PeopleGrove Saas Cloud solution. V17/1286. Class 2
- PeopleSense Pty Ltd for services as part of the Employee Assistance Program EPA. V18/12. Class 1
- Protecht.ERM Pty Ltd for enterprise risk and internal audit management system. V18/436. Class 2
- Research Master Pty Ltd for implementation of modules to support the automation of processes for HDR candidature management, thesis submissions and scholarships. V15/1151. Class 2
- Richard Crookes Construction Pty Ltd for Thomas Street construction development. V16/611. Class 1
- RMIT University and Queensland University of Technology and others for research services under an ARC linkage infrastructure, equipment and facilities grant. V18/494. Class 1
- RMIT University for research services for an ARC discovery project. V18/525. Class 1
- Savills Project Management Pty Ltd for additional scope project for building 4 refurbishment project. V16/929. Class 2
- Savills Project Management Pty Ltd for project management services for building 4 refurbishment project. V16/928. Class 2
- SeerPharma Pty Ltd for teaching services. V14/618. Class 1
- Settlement Services International Limited, National Disability Services Limited and other for research services under an ARC linkage projects collaborative research agreement regarding disability entrepreneurship in Australia. V16/1075. Class 1
- Signcraft Pty Ltd for wayfinding signage. V15/466. Class 1
- Sydney Children's Hospitals Network for research services. V18/490. Class 1
- SNV Netherlands Development Organisation for research services. V18/1139. Class 1
- University of Birmingham and the George Institute for Global Health and others for research services under a National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) project grant. V18/517. Class 1
- University of Melbourne for research services as part of an ARC discovery project. V18/394. Class 1
- University of New South Wales, Banjadjaminga Swaag Incorporated and others for research services under an ARC linkage projects partner agreement regarding protection of indigenous knowledge. V16/1068. Class 1
- University of Queensland for research services under ARC discovery project for large dynamic time-varying models for structural macroeconomic inference. V18/667. Class 1
- University of South Australia and Deakin University and others for research services under an ARC linkage infrastructure, equipment and facilities grant. V18/524. Class 1
- University of South Australia and Flinders University for research services under the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) project grant. V17/566. Class 1
- University of South Australia and University of Sydney for research services under ARC discovery indigenous projects into analysis of sport, education, health and wellbeing in indigenous communities. V16/708. Class 1
- UXC Connect Pty Limited (and contract) for preferred supplier agreement supply of network equipment and services. V15/1092. Class 3
- Vivid Property Services Pty Ltd for cleaning services for student accommodation. V18/444. Class 1
- Western Sydney University, CSIRO and others for research services under an ARC linkage projects partner agreement regarding detection of illicit drugs. V16/1066. Class 1
- Western Sydney University, Rofin Australia Pty Ltd and others for research services under an ARC linkage projects partner agreement regarding fingermark detection. V16/1065. Class 1