The School of Life Sciences at UTS brings together a vibrant research and teaching culture with a diversity of interests in areas such as environmental, plant, marine biology, medical microbiology, infectious diseases, parasitology, inflammation, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neurological disorders, cancer, metabolic biochemistry and bionanotechnology.
The School of Life Sciences is led by the Head of School, Professor James Wallman and is supported by:
- Associate Professor Stella Valenzuela, Associate Head of School, Research
- Dr Willa Huston, Associate Head of School, Teaching and Learning
- Professor Michael Wallach, Associate Head of School, Strategic Development
A group of professional staff support the School executives and they are:
- Shannon Hawkins, School Manager
- Kristine Treloar, Teaching and Learning Officer
- Maggie Chen, School Administration Officer
- Katherine Waldron, Project Officer
The School of Life Sciences is located on Level 6 in Buildings 4 and 7.
Building 4 (CB04)
Corner of Thomas St and Harris St
(opposite ABC Ultimo Harris St and Ultimo TAFE in Thomas St)
Building 7 (CB07)
638 Jones Street, Broadway
PO Box 123
Broadway, NSW 2007
Find out how underwater seahorse “hotels” are helping save the endangered White's seahorse in Sydney.
Associate Professor Brian Oliver explains how poor air quality from bushfire smoke affects our health
Rhyme, song and science wins International Visual Your Thesis competition for Annaclaire McDonald