UTS 2020 New Writer's $40k Fellowship-Applications open
The Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund in partnership with the UTS Creative Writing Program is pleased to announce the 2020 ‘New Writer’s $40,000 Fellowship’.
Australian writers are now invited to apply for the 2020 UTS New Writer-in-Residence Fellowship. It is well known that for emerging writers, completing that second or third book is extremely difficult given the financial pressures that writers face today. This unique opportunity therefore provides a new writer with the financial security to complete a new work and to connect with Australia’s leading creative writing program.
- To qualify as a 'new' writer, you will have published one or two book-length works of fiction or non-fiction with a commercial publisher since 2015.
- You are required to have a contract or letter of interest from a publisher for your second or third book.
- Please provide a one (1) page proposal on how the Copyright Agency-UTS New Writer's Residency will benefit your writing, along with a CV (max 3 pages) and a short statement about how your presence will contribute to a vibrant, diverse and innovative writing culture at UTS.
- The writer-in-residence will be required to be on campus two (2) days a week, from March to December, and be available for consultation with Creative Writing students and participate in other activities relating to the Creative Writing Program.
- The successful writer will also be required to promote the position of Copyright Agency ‘New Writer-in- Residence’ and the UTS Creative Writing program
Please address your proposal and CV to John.Dale@uts.edu.au by 24 January 2020. Interviews will take place in early-mid February.