FASS features in Sydney Festival
This week Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) academics, Felicity Wilcox and Robert Sazdov, have created an exciting project in liaison with UTS Ensemble in residence, the Australian Piano Quartet (APQ) and the Faculty of Engineering, Information and Technology (FEIT).
IMMERSE, an experience where 360-degree video projections morph and change in response to live performances of classical and electronic music, is a new collaborative project created for the UTS Data Arena, an interactive audiovisual space.
Robert Sazdov, Senior Lecturer in the Music & Sound Design Program, will have new electronic works featured. Felicity Wilcox, Lecturer in the Music and Sound Design Program, will also have a new electroacoustic trio work featured which has been commissioned especially for this ground-breaking collaborative project.
Martin Peploe, honours graduate, was also Programmer and Sound Engineer for IMMERSE.
Each musical work prompts projections of distinct visual worlds that increase in complexity and intensity. The visuals change in response to the sound and performance, culminating in full immersion into a unique world of sound, music and colour.
- Original Concept: Australia Piano Quartet (Thomas Rann and James Wannan) and Dr Felicity Wilcox
- Tech Lead/Project Manager: Dr Jaime Garcia
- Production Manager: Melissa Cannon
- Composer/Sound Design Lead: Dr Felicity Wilcox
- Composer/Spatialisation: Dr Robert Sazdov
- Viola: James Wannan
- Cello: Thomas Rann
- Electronic Music Performer: Alexandra Spence
- Visual/Interaction Designer: Matthew Hughes
- Sound Engineer/Programmer: Martin Peploe
- Software Engineer/Programmer: Adam Bursil
- Interaction Design Assistant: Philip Johan Aubert
Interested in IMMERSE?
Secure your tickets online and attend in the evenings from Wednesday 23 January through to Friday 25 January at 6:00pm, 7.30pm and 9:00pm.