UTS site search

Students who are parents or carers

Information for carers

The University has facilities and procedures to assist those balancing study with significant carer responsibilities.

Carer relationships may be with dependent children or family members who have disabilities or illnesses. Students who are pregnant may also require additional assistance.

We understand that the impact of these responsibilities on your time and other resources are often difficult to predict and we are committed to providing you with a supportive and flexible environment. You may be able to get help with your study load, childcare, counselling, housing, finances or health issues - see available assistance.

In most cases, your faculty’s Academic Liaison Officer (ALO) should be your first point of contact. They will be able to advise you and liaise with other staff on your behalf in relation to work experience placements and assessment deadlines. The Counselling Service is another important contact as they can talk through documentation requirements and other relevant support options.