Martina Doblin, Team leader
Giselle Firme - PhD candidate - Biological Bet Hedging in a Variable Ocean: Evolution of Functional Traits Under Different Types of Environmental Variability
Leonardo Laiolo - PhD candidate - Incorporating new knowledge of phytoplankton diversity and nutrient utilisation into an ocean-climate model to improve forecasts of ocean function
Bernhard Tschitschko, Research Associate
Dr Jason Everett - postdoctoral research Fellow UNSW
Dr Olivier Laczka - Chancellor's Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Dr Allison McInnes - ARC Research Fellow
Dr Virginie van Dongen-Vogels - Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Marco Alvarez (PhD) - Influence of phytoplankton cell size on biogeochemical cycling of carbon and nitrogen.
Kirralee G. Baker (PhD) - The direct implications of warming on the phenotype and underlying functional traits of marine phytoplankton https://opus.lib.uts.edu.au/handle/10453/90058
Jennifer S. Clark (PhD) - Assessing the vulnerability of a habitat forming macroalga to climate warming: roles of physiology, ecology and evolutionary processes in determining resilience https://opus.lib.uts.edu.au/handle/10453/116764
Ying Hong (PhD) - The role of zooplankton in cyanobacteria bloom development in Australian reservoirs https://opus.lib.uts.edu.au/handle/10453/23487
Louisa Norman (PhD) - The role of natural organic ligands in transformations of iron chemistry in seawater and their effect on the bioavailability of iron to marine phytoplankton https://opus.lib.uts.edu.au/handle/10453/38383
Michaela E. Larsson (PhD) – Understanding the ecological niche of toxin producing dinoflagellates
- Increasing participation in ocean science through data visualisation. Citizen Science Grants (2017-2020)
- Incorporating new knowledge of phytoplankton diversity and nutrient utilisation into an ocean-climate model to improve forecasts of ocean function. ARC Discovery DP140101340 (2014 – 2016).
- Marine and Coastal Carbon Biogeochemistry Cluster: Pelagic community metabolism. CSIRO Flagship Collaboration Fund: (2013 – 2015).
- A transportable containerised laboratory for rapid cell sorting and high-resolution bioimaging of living aquatic microbes in field locations. ARC Large Infrastructure and Equipment Fund LE130100019 (2013 – 2014). Micro CSI
- Experimental evolution in zooxanthellae (Symbiodinium spp.) and its value in assisted adaptation of corals to temperature increases. Great Barrier Reef Foundation (2012 – 2014).
Current student opportunities
Professional Links and Collaborations
Integrated Marine Observing System (opens an external site)
Marine National Facility (opens an external site)
CSIRO Land and Water - Environmental Earth Observation Group (opens an external site)
CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research - Wealth from Oceans Flagship (opens an external site)
Living Data (opens an external site)